Sheep forgot everything, please help

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello, my 7 month old lamb ran into his fence wall at full speed running. He hasn’t been the same since. He is almost afraid of me. He won’t run or jump. He has like no energy. Like he went from a crazy puppy energy to a old old dog energy. Dutch resistes the halter. He walks slow and try’s to avoid me. We wont brace at all. My dad is frustrated and wants to get rid of him. I’ve put a lot of work into him and I really want to finish my project. Can anyone help.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's injured. Hopefully didn't break anything. He'll do better with something for pain. Think car crash. He's hurt himself, even if bruising from the slam, he'll be sore. And it won't clear in a day or two...couple weeks if nothing broke.

Massage him all over and see if he flinches in any special place. :hugs. Hope he heals up soon. Be patient.

I've known of foals who ran into fence and broke their neck. Your lucky he's alive.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m thinking concussion. Make sure he’s eating, drinking, peeing and pooping. Give him a little time.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He's injured. Hopefully didn't break anything. He'll do better with something for pain. Think car crash. He's hurt himself, even if bruising from the slam, he'll be sore. And it won't clear in a day or two...couple weeks if nothing broke.

Massage him all over and see if he flinches in any special place. :hugs. Hope he heals up soon. Be patient.

I've known of foals who ran into fence and broke their neck. Your lucky he's alive.
So he shows no pain. It’s been about 4 day since he ran into the fence. Thanks for the tip.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I’m thinking concussion. Make sure he’s eating, drinking, peeing and pooping. Give him a little time.
Ok he is doing everything just fine. Eating slower then usual. But that makes sense. He is laying down a lot.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here I wrote down everything right after it happened so if it got serious the vet could read it.

Dutch ran full force into his pen wall trying to get out to me. He hit his side with his head facing his hay feeder. He fell on his back and got up. His head was slightly tilted to his left when he looked at me. Ears droopy. Very slow. Seemed sore but he made no noise of pain. Got him to walk and he didn’t have any issues but was slow and very unwilling. Walked great with my hand leading him. Maybe he was dizzy? Eyes focused. touched him all over and nothing seemed painful to him. Wouldn’t eat. Wanted to stand on his bed the whole time. Panting a little. Still seemed interested in licking the fence.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor Duke. I would ask vet about giving him some pain relief and anti-inflamitory. He's probably very bruised and stiff.