Sheep & goats, constant tooth grinding

Mrs1885

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have to confess something. I’ve slept with either a baby piglet or a baby goat in bed with me at least 5 or 6 times. Especially if they are cold or dying. I have wrapped them up in a couple of towels and held them the entire night. I have also slept with them in a plastic tote on the floor next to my side of the bed. There ARE times when it’s just easier holding them all night. Especially if you have to wake up every hour or so to try and feed them a bottle or feed them with a syringe as often as you can. Thankfully my husband has only said something once to me about it being our bed.
our first goat was given to us by a customer when he was 10 days old. He napped in our bed with hubby during the day and slept in a kennel at night by the bed. Hubby loved it. As long as he stayed diapered it was fine. But by 2 months he was learning to take his diaper off so we had to put on onsies over it or duct tape it together. I get over the cuteness way sooner than he does. Lol

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have always heard teeth grinding is related to pain. in most cases I found that to be true, but I do have to doelings that from the first day just tended randomly grind their teeth as far as I can tell. there's nothing apparently wrong with them they're healthy growing and do fine with the group but at times they'll just come up to you and Stan and grind their teeth.

Latest posts