Sheep Treats

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheep have very much of a 'Sweet Tooth'. They love any sweet biscuits. Most like chocolate breakfast bars etc. and any type of bread with or without margarine.

The 'ewe nuts' which they have as feed concentrate and 'ewe licks' are full of molasses and other unrefined sugars as the manufacturers know this.

By the way, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find this a good place for advice on just about anything!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had no idea sheep like such sweet stuff!
They will practically take your hand off for sweet biscuits! Mine just need to see the familiar red packet (digestive biscuits) or even hear rustling as though from a packet and they gallop over. If I'm wearing a coat, several will push their muzzles into the pockets searching for crumbs.
I make porridge from oats for the chickens and , being the softie that I am, the porridge has milk and sugar in it. The chickens are fed in an area of the sheep shed. If one of the sheep get there, they'll even eat the porridge.
You're (no, I mean they're! ) in for a treat.

mustang

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
...the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
John 10:3

mustang

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Do you have a recipe for those dog biscuits... or where to find them?

mustang

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Sheep have very much of a 'Sweet Tooth'. They love any sweet biscuits. Most like chocolate breakfast bars etc. and any type of bread with or without margarine.

The 'ewe nuts' which they have as feed concentrate and 'ewe licks' are full of molasses and other unrefined sugars as the manufacturers know this.

By the way, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find this a good place for advice on just about anything!

Thanks! You are all really helpful.