shes not eating????

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Haha. I understand that, @CLSranch. My girls have been fighting each other to be allowed out first.

Well, that sounds to me like a goat that could go into labor... how is her udder? Has she developed one yet?
I'm going to agree with @Latestarter. :)
She does have an udder but it isn't that big... still small but she definitly has one...

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you'll be a kid owner within 24-48 hours. If she's a FF, she's probably confused and has no idea what's happening to her.
I'm not quite sure about the ligaments though... just around her tail is really squishy...more so than usual, so I could be wrong....

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, either way, I think Latestarter is right and she'll go within the next couple days. Some does don't bag up until after they kid, or right before.

What do you feed her? I'm a little worried about her not eating for two days.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, either way, I think Latestarter is right and she'll go within the next couple days. Some does don't bag up until after they kid, or right before.

What do you feed her? I'm a little worried about her not eating for two days.
We have her on a mixture of sweet feed, and corn. We did have her on another feed before but she didn't really eat it much... our Billy did more than anything she just picked around it so we didn't get it again..
And as I said before she doesn't eat much but just little bits here and there :\

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You can get electrolytes that have other vitamins to put in the water. It wouldn't hurt anyway if she is fixing to kid. Make sure it's the only water available. I still wouldn't be worried yet. Sounds like she's close to kidding so eating less isn't surprising. You may walk back outside and see 2 on the ground in no time. Good Luck.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You can get electrolytes that have other vitamins to put in the water. It wouldn't hurt anyway if she is fixing to kid. Make sure it's the only water available. I still wouldn't be worried yet. Sounds like she's close to kidding so eating less isn't surprising. You may walk back outside and see 2 on the ground in no time. Good Luck.
Lol well I hope she atleast goes inside first ... cause there's snow on the ground here.. but yay! I'm excited! :weee

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have not dealt with pregnancy toxemia before, but I haven't had sheep as long as southern by choice and many others have had goats.

I do have the Storey book on raising sheep, and it gives 'refusal to eat' as one of the symptoms of pregnancy toxemia. I imagine goats would be similar. In pregnancy toxemia, their body isn't getting enough calories to support them and the lambs, so they start breaking down too much of their own body fat. This builds up too many ketones in their blood. And yes it's very serious. Please call your vet, and I hope things go well.

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I had a feeling it might be. :( I hope everything turns out well for her and the kids.