Shetland I'm training for beginner lessons. Cuteness overload!

EventerGirl98

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm training a Shettie for little kid lessons. She's coming along amazing. When I first started working with her, she wouldn't let anyone catch her and was very shy (she had lived in the UK, wild, for 13 years). Now she only trusts me. I need to get more people around her because if she's a lesson pony, I can't have her not trust people. He former owners were going to put her down for being like that. I ride her and she will walk, trot, and gallop. Lol, but we are still getting to cantering as I don't ask her to gallop. I have taken her over some 10" jumps and she did very well. We attempted ground driving so she could pull me behind in a sled in the winter, but that didn't go so well. Well i'm sure you're bored by now so i'll post some pics of Lakota. :)

6767_lakota_in_saddle.jpg

6767_lakota_candyy.jpg

EventerGirl98

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I worked with her yesterday, did some easy walking a few seconds of trotting, clircles, and stopping. :)

EventerGirl98

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Had her second ride today. Worked on walking, not counterbending, circles, stopping, and a little bit of trotting. :)

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sounds like she is doing great. I also bought a pony recently. I hope to train her both to drive and ride. She is 11.2 and I am a bit worried that I may be too heavy for her at 145#. If she is going to be ridden more than lead line I am the only one to train her. Have only had her a few weeks, it is t1me now to start training.

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've been working more and more with my 14h foster pony. He's great. I don't know if I'm going to keep him, but I'm hoping he'll find a great home. I would love for him to go to someone I know so I can keep tabs on his progress. I think the little guy will make a great show pony some day.

Keep us posted on your progress with this little cutie!

EventerGirl98

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Cool!
dianneS: I sure would buy him if I could. :)

I will be working with her hopefully Wednesday, stupid sunburn. :(