Shivering Goat (Mini Nubian Buck)(Pic)

EmilyElizabeth

Herd lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and figured I'd post my introduction on this board, since my purpose here right now is to converse with everyone about my newly purchased yearling.

I got him yesterday, he is in a finished shed for now with a warm lamp (not heat lamp) that was unplugged for him to sleep tonight. He has been drinking, eating hay, licking salts and chewing forage all night. Here in eastern PA it is ~35 degrees F tonight. He has been bleating on and off until he sounds coarse now. It is 3am now when I went to check on him and he was shivering so I brought him inside for a few minutes.

I figure in the morning I will deworm pickup probiotics and thermometer&vaseline. I know he may have shipping fever, but he seems a little on the thin side so I am worrying that he maybe too thin? Hoping it's not johnes disease - I am asking the previous owner in the morning if any of their herd has had issues previous.

I am wondering if there is anything else I could do for him until I get him a friend in the next day. I also wanted to share a picture of him from a few days ago :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200326-034145_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20200326-034145_Messages.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 79