Shortages

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, I nearly fell over today because gas CAME DOWN... $.10 a gallon. I cannot imagine what that is all about. Not complaining, but where did that come from? But there are alot of more empty shelves in Walmart than I have seen before. I am getting a little more nervous; I did get in more of the garden today... Hope to get it all in by the end of the weekend. Then of course mulching it all. And getting the fence up around it to keep the deer and chickens out. There are deer hoof prints all through part of it. I was really not happy.... Got to get the fence up before the green beans come through the ground.
At least I told the guy who did the plowing and the tilling that he was WELCOME to come this fall and use the bow to hunt them since there are so many here... I am tired of all the ones that are across the road and DEMOLISHING the cover crops we used to plant. I am hoping he comes and does get some... get a little venison in the freezer...

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The unexpected gas price drop didn't last. It is up the $.10 and more... now 4.49 at a couple of closeby stations. I see it is still 4.29 at the 2 across from each other so I will go fill up tomorrow. Truck is about a 1/2 and car is a little less. I am going to have to go with DS back to NH for the cleaning out of my parents house for the estate situation... the fuel costs are going to eat us up... he is taking the truck and trailer to get the backhoe he bought from the estate, and the pickup truck he bought that was having some work done on it... so I can drive it back... Dreading the trip for lots of reasons... but the costs in fuel and all are a big part of that.

Heard on the radio that housing starts are down; but that the price of lumber has dropped almost 50% since it's highs... people can't afford to do things... maybe it will come down some more. We can only hope... If people can't afford to fill up their gas tanks and can't afford to fill up their grocery carts, other things are going to take a hit and will have to come down.
So glad to see some things coming up in the garden... looking forward to fresh green and wax beans and getting some in the freezer. My favorite all time vegetable...

Onion plants looking perkier, and the tomatoes are getting darker green leaves. Going to need all this stuff this winter....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gas up at most stations $4.49-4.54. I was on half but filled at $4.39 anyway!!

A reset today changed most all frozen dinners and chicken dramatically. One was $3. a bag!🤪. Glad they're not things I buy! Most were in the $1 per range.

Stopped for a bag of chicken scratch on way home...TSC. It ha s now had a 100% increase in past 11 months! The goat fence up 55% in a yr.

It's all ridiculous and not acceptable!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I last filled the truck in south Tyler on Sunday at $4.73 I was thrilled to find fuel so cheap. And that’s not cheap! I paid $52 for T-1-11 siding yesterday, per sheet. Terrible.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought some Quikrete last week that was a little over $11 a bag. That same product last year was just under $6.

Edit to say that Teresa told me I need to wear my glasses more often :) It was only 50 cents higher this year than last.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got the forester filled up earlier and it was still 4.29 but the other 2 stations had gone up to 4.39. So I came home and was going to take the truck but I had filled it on the way home from testing so instead took the explorer to fill... it had 1/2 a tank. In 45 minutes that station had gone from 4.29 to 4.35... so then I took the explorer down and picked up the outback that they had worked on and filled it too. Left the explorer so they get the ac leak fixed and to "go over it" so it can be sold as soon as the title gets fixed.

casportpony

True BYH Addict
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Did you need defibrillation as you saw those numbers keep scrolling up?
I could not believe how quickly it got to $100! Being a huge tank, had to run the card twice.
1654133330642.png

1654133480126.png

Latest posts