Shortages

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't remember if I have mentioned this on this forum. Go To Estate Sales! Yesterday, I went to two of them locally in town.

I buy their food - lots of food. I also happened to get a LEM meat grinder for $70 which retails for $550. Only missing two parts. Pics of the food below. Is some of it old? Yes, I only go back to 2019 even tho I have a few cans of things in my own pantry dated before then.
First pic: $30. (that is sugar in the vac pac bags).
Second: 50 cents for each tin.
Third: rice about $3
Fourth: lentils about $8
Grinder

Attachments

• IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0924.JPG
    IMG_0924.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0923.JPG
    IMG_0923.JPG
    421.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0926.JPG
    IMG_0926.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 63

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't remember if I have mentioned this on this forum. Go To Estate Sales! Yesterday, I went to two of them locally in town.

I buy their food - lots of food. I also happened to get a LEM meat grinder for $70 which retails for $550. Only missing two parts. Pics of the food below. Is some of it old? Yes, I only go back to 2019 even tho I have a few cans of things in my own pantry dated before then.
First pic: $30. (that is sugar in the vac pac bags).
Second: 50 cents for each tin.
Third: rice about $3
Fourth: lentils about $8
Grinder
SCORE!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Meat grinder definate SCORE! 👍 My area rarely has an estate sale. Lotta military and that means transient every couple years. I've found a few and most are furniture, appliances, some garage, tools, etc. It's a great outlet if any around. 😊

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW!! On the meat grinder!! Good buy on the food too. My meat grinder is a small cheap one I bought 30 some-odd years ago. Adequate, but I sure like yours better!

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't go back 11 pages, so if this is a repeat, please forgive.

Mustard will be short. Seeds are short so therefore prepared mustard will be in short supply. I've bought several varieties that I'll keep in the basement for the next year. It lasts a long time!!

I cannot stock up on things that use mustard as an ingredient however. Shrug - can't win them all.

BaBaaHMonica

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just found a greenhouse on facebook marketplace and another on craiglist. (OMG my new favorite websites!!!) I will have one for vegetables and another for putting around the rainbarrels. I am bound and determined to grow vegetables for our household and keep us in eggs. If push comes to shove...I can get the goats bred and we can have milk.

There is time to prepare for winter, We will get through it. I refuse to give in to negativity.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just found a greenhouse on facebook marketplace and another on craiglist. (OMG my new favorite websites!!!) I will have one for vegetables and another for putting around the rainbarrels. I am bound and determined to grow vegetables for our household and keep us in eggs. If push comes to shove...I can get the goats bred and we can have milk.

There is time to prepare for winter, We will get through it. I refuse to give in to negativity.

Awesome! Yay for the greenhouse! Good for you!