Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
here's mine he's great:weee
7850_dsc03975.jpg

rinksgi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
398423_3171689970311_2012786194_n.jpg

Maybe not traditional, but our Boxer,Jessie, watches over my goats and chickens. He even herds them for me. he saw me trying to get the chickens to go up before dusk one day and he chased down a chicken and held it in place with his paw until I got to her. When we first got our goat,Daisy, it took her two days to get out. Jessie found her in the woods and herded her back to the pen. he would run alongside of her and bump her with his shoulder to turn her. He has no formal training at all. He has an uncanny understanding of what I want done.

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Heres a few more of my boy :love Because I just need to show him off! He's a great kidsitter and loves my little half blind baby Pippi! :D

7799_37.jpeg

7799_36.jpg

7799_35.jpeg

His gentleness and attentiveness to his goats truly awes me, easily amused maybe :idunno

And then his fierceness toward and threats or percieved threats awes me all over again!

Dang that Pyr Smitteness Syndrome!!! :drool :celebrate :love

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
ok the size difference between the two is awesome! You can see his tenderness too!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He just flat out looks like a wonderful boy. He has that intelligent look about him.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh you know I love that Boy!!!!!!!!

I had my baby boy in today...laying on the couch (dirty and all) lovin' it up... everytime we stopped lovin on him he grabs you with those giant paws and gives the please don't stop yet look.......... we can never resist. I love my baby. PSS for sure!

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stone, wow to that photo of your huge boy and that tiny little goat!!! You should submit that for Photo of the Week...awesome :love

Southern...I feel in love with D ages ago...really wish I didn't have dog allergies...not sure I'd ever train one right, but I want one...no two...no...more...and Stone's too...and Gus...and Callie and...stop me...watch me drug myself to heck and gone with antishistimines and decongestants just so I can get one!!! :lol:

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! :D

I truly feel blessed to have him. It's not been without challenges and frustrations, but that comes with the territory with any animal. He is a great LGD for sure :)

Grazer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wow, he is just stunning. Honestly, what a gorgeous Great Pyr! :love
Just by looking at the pictures, even without reading his description, I can tell he must be very gentle and patient with all the farm animals. He has that "look"

Latest posts