Sick babies, please help!

Reaction score
I have a group of 9-1/2 week old rabbits in my grow out pen, and I have noticed that in the last two days several of them have loose stools and when you pick them up they sound like they have water sloshing around in their stomachs.... What's going on and what should I do??? Please help!

Reaction score
I would treat for coccidiosis. We use corrid.
Also is pen on the ground? Could be too many or the wrong greens if they aren't used to them.
It is on the ground, but they have been in a mobile tractor for 3-1/2 weeks and their mothers ate greens while pregnant and nursing too. I have raised a lot of litters like this and never had this happen before.

Reaction score
I would treat for coccidiosis. We use corrid.
Also is pen on the ground? Could be too many or the wrong greens if they aren't used to them.
Ok... I just got a 10oz bag of 20% powder... How do I treat them? They have 5 gal. automatic waterers. Do I treat just the babies or the whole herd?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Corid(aka Amprol)
Corid is a coccidiastat.
Treats: parasitic eradication for Coccidiosis (aka Coccidia)
Dose 1: prevent: mix 1teaspoon per gallon water; give as drinking water – 5 days on / 5 off / 5 on
Dose 2: treat: mix as directed above, give for 21 consecutive days

I treat my herd Spring and fall. And all weaned bunnies.
Also please take a minute to read the link I posted on RHdv. You might rethink letting them be on the ground at this time.

Reaction score
Corid(aka Amprol)
Corid is a coccidiastat.
Treats: parasitic eradication for Coccidiosis (aka Coccidia)
Dose 1: prevent: mix 1teaspoon per gallon water; give as drinking water – 5 days on / 5 off / 5 on
Dose 2: treat: mix as directed above, give for 21 consecutive days

I treat my herd Spring and fall. And all weaned bunnies.
Also please take a minute to read the link I posted on RHdv. You might rethink letting them be on the ground at this time.
Thank you. And that is for the 20% powder?

I live in MO. To my knowledge it hasn't hit here, and I got laid off at the start of all the covid crap so I don't have any money to change my rabbitry. I only have enough hutches for my pregnant/nursing does. Everyone else is in gender segregated tractors or colonies. 😕

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes the 20%
We have a couple of pet bunnies in an old chicken pen. It sure makes me nervous. A gal I got a Velveteen lop from 2 years ago lost all her stock. She's in New Mexico.

Reaction score
Yes the 20%
We have a couple of pet bunnies in an old chicken pen. It sure makes me nervous. A gal I got a Velveteen lop from 2 years ago lost all her stock. She's in New Mexico.
I'm dosing my whole herd. Is it safe for pregnant and nursing does?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm a newby too, so take this for what it's worth. This is book stuff and not experience talking. Do the coccidosis treatment as you've already been advised, but the 5 th edition of "Story's Guide to Raising Rabbits" pg 174, describes what's happening to your bunnies as mucoid enteritis. a quick study online shows it to be diet caused, and the prognosis is not good. Sorry. Hope I'm full of crap and your litter does well.

Latest posts