Sick mother goat and baby

Mysticalsy

Just born
Reaction score
one of my goats and her baby boy are both very skinny and I noticed the baby isn’t drinking as much milk as he should be their eyelids are pale so I’m thinking parasites but I’ve tried several medications and they are resistant to them

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
What medications, how much and for how long ? Start giving them some red cell for the anemia (pale eyelids) you can get it at tractor supply (it is in the horse isle) i fill a syringe with it and give it 1x day for a week then e/o day ....and get a fecal sample to a vet to find out what you are trying to treat. Good luck with them.:)

Mysticalsy

Just born
Reaction score
I just finished dosing them with di-methox for 5 days. The dosage was 1Ml per 10 pounds

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just finished dosing them with di-methox for 5 days. The dosage was 1Ml per 10 pounds

How are they feeling ? And what color are their lower eye lids? I would be using the red cell daily or have a vet look at them, have you had a fecal done ? I know it's alot of questions, just trying to be helpful. ....hope they get better.

Mysticalsy

Just born
Reaction score
How are they feeling ? And what color are their lower eye lids? I would be using the red cell daily or have a vet look at them, have you had a fecal done ? I know it's alot of questions, just trying to be helpful. ....hope they get better.
The baby is doing a bit better he’s eating more than he was the mom is still about the same

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
one of my goats and her baby boy are both very skinny and I noticed the baby isn’t drinking as much milk as he should be their eyelids are pale so I’m thinking parasites but I’ve tried several medications and they are resistant to them
We use Molly’s herbals. They work wonders but can take a while to ship in. Worms really don’t build resistance to it either.

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Di-methox is for coccidia. You need a wormer for worms. Do you know if you have coccidia, worms, or both?