Silkie hatch... help identify colors

AngieNPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I hope they are SFH b/c I sure payed a lot for them...lol

Ohhh let's just hear from others. Perhaps there are some very different ones out there. Are they from a breeder?

I just looked on MY PET CHICKEN and they have at least 2 that look similar. So, perhaps as chicks they look different than mine.

Last edited:

2MorrosDream

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ohhh let's just hear from others. Perhaps there are some very different ones out there. Are they from a breeder?
Yes, I ordered them from a hatchery. I did my research on several hatcheries b/c I'm a bit skeptical about ordering from hatcheries.

AngieNPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yes, I ordered them from a hatchery. I did my research on several hatcheries b/c I'm a bit skeptical about ordering from hatcheries.

Okay, I'd check the website for the hatchery. If they turn out not to be, I'm sure they'd replace them.

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've hatched them too..just wondering about that chipmunk baby. That black and white one will be so pretty when the white dots start coming out!

Dozclan12

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here is a photo of a bunch of them. :)

37782_dscn1692.jpg

AngieNPeeps

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ok! Found more, and one has a chipmunk look!

EbaySelling144.jpg

Awesome! Do you have eggs? My daughter has asked about Swedish Flower eggs. The one we kept was with a friend and it was killed by another chicken when we were away :(. I asked the breeder if I could buy some more eggs, but hadn't heard back and that was shortly before BYC went down.

2MorrosDream

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I've hatched them too..just wondering about that chipmunk baby. That black and white one will be so pretty when the white dots start coming out!
I was pleased thst the hatchery sent a vatiety. One is a roo...don't have a clue which one that is yet. I think the chipmunk looking one will change alot before adult feathers come in. Tbe B&W one will be interesring to see as an adult.

2MorrosDream

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Awesome! Do you have eggs? My daughter has asked about Swedish Flower eggs. The one we kept was with a friend and it was killed by another chicken when we were away :(. I asked the breeder if I could buy some more eggs, but hadn't heard back and that was shortly before BYC went down.
No eggs....yet. My plan is to incubate eggs next spring.

2MorrosDream

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sorry you lost your feather baby ⚘

Latest posts