Sisterly love

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
:frow I haven't been on much lately, but still try to pop in and read when I can. I hope everyone is doing well and had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I was going over some pics today and had to share this. I just love these two does!

These two are inseparable, despite having 12 other kids being born the same day, and being penned & bottle fed along with all the other kids, they never leave each others side. These two are some of the calmest, well mannered does on the farm.

These two do everything together. The always come up to be milked together, and often times Carolina will eat from Clover's feeder. The never squabble, never grunt or grumble, or get jealous (most of out other does do- and it is a riot!) These two have a peacefulness about them. Always calm and gentle. Watching these two just makes my heart happy.

Last year was the first year we had so many kids born on the same day, and all were immediately pulled and put in the nursery (AKA pack-N-plays :p ) I am amazed that each doe knows her sister!

A little "blast from the past" :)

Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs 12 months with new kids 006.JPG

Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs 12 months with new kids 044.JPG

Wings & Caprines Clover & Carolina Girl.JPG

Wings & Caprines Twin sisters Carolina Girl & Clover pregnant together (4).JPG

Pre-freshening
Carolina Girl & Clover pre FF udders (1) - Copy.JPG

At a show, before I gave them the alfalfa the had their heads resting on each other. Of course I didn't get a pic!
CG  & Clover sleeping.JPG

002 - Copy.JPG

Eating together.
003.JPG

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aww, love.

I love goats like that, and CntryB777 you are totally right, they always find a special place, don't they?!?!

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awww, that's so sweet!!! :love Just seeing those pictures makes me want to get goats even more!! :)