Sisters humping

LukeMeister

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It's complicated. They're indoor outdoor basically. They sleep in a hutch outside when it's not too cold, when it is cold they have a dog crate in the garage and then they come in and out to run around in the house and their pen in the front yard. Spoiled rabbits. Holy cow 7? After taking care of the whole family I'm happy to stick to two. Ok good to know. I did give them some just now so we'll see if it's gone by morning. As long as it's not a bad thing I'm ok with it. Thank you again. :)
I see. If they have a pen outside that they can eat grass in, they shouldn't need as much hay. But I would still let them have a little hay in all of their places.
That's just the girls. I have 4 bucks, so in all 11.
You're welcome.:)

Lamb Lover

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@SA Farm Ok that makes sense. I woke up and went to check on them this morning and Monkey had large tufts of fur falling off of her so I think she probably tried again last night and Clover beat her up. I brought them inside and they fought a bit so I got the spray bottle and they stopped. Then I separated them again and they're ok for now. The only good thing coming out of this is that Monkey actually wants to be picked up and cuddled.

Clover is overweight but she doesn't eat that much to my knowledge. I know she probably pigs out when I'm not looking. Monkey looks fat but it's mostly just fur. She's the energetic one who would prefer to be set loose but that's not an option where I live. I'll cut back on how much she eats and try feeding them separately so I know Monkey is eating. Clover sometimes keeps her from getting to the food, she's just a bully.

@Bunnylady oh my gosh thank you. I never know who to trust so I never know if I'm doing this right. I'm really careful with them and I don't do anything weird with them so I guess I'm ok. I gave them some hay last night, just a handful and they ate most of it. Some of it mixed with their straw which isn't a big deal because they chew up the straw anyway. It's just a small bag of Kaytee Timothy Hay. I don't want to spend money on a big bag they won't eat and the amount I give them seems to suit them just fine.

We have raised garden beds and we will be planting a big garden this year so I plan to fence off a part of the yard and let them go once it warms up some more. They'll be able to have a lot of veggies that way too. Another thing I've heard is that carrots and apples have too much sugar and they can only have a piece a week. I think that's a little far fetched, I could be wrong but it sounds weird. What else are they supposed to eat besides pellets and hay for the time being? I do get them little apple treats from the pet store from time to time but they only get one or two a week. There just seems to be a lot of things out there that just don't sound right. Like I said, according to all these people my rabbits should have been dead a long time ago based on what I'm feeding them. They're spoiled, happy rabbits (for the most part).

Thank you all for your help. Hopefully I'll be able to solve this problem and once we get everything settled I'll have better behaved bunnies.

Lamb Lover

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok update. I put them in the pen for a while because the weather was really nice and it hasn't been in weeks and I watched them and they were fine. Brought them in and they stayed apart and my brother picked up Monkey and said look at her fur. Well I thought it was just another loose piece so I gently pulled on it and it didn't come off. I looked closer and Clover had cut through her skin almost to her bone, its a wide cut and it's a deep one. That was the last straw. They are now in separate places in the backyard and I don't think they'll sleep together tonight. I might just get another hutch because this is getting ridiculous. Clover had no right to do that and now I'm really worried about Monkey because it's obvious that she is in pain. I'm cleaning it and making sure she's ok but I'm still worried. I guess I'm being a little over dramatic about this because maybe it's not a big deal and it was bound to happen but really? She is such a bully and I'm done with her attitude. She's going on a diet and I'll be giving her some training so she learns manners. Thought you guys might want to know and maybe that gives you a better idea of the situation.