slight animal addiction ?

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
ug no bees. Everyone has a line somewhere and mine is BEES.
But just think of the HONEY.....and if not the honey what about the increased pollination.

redtailgal

Reaction score
BrownSheep said:
redtailgal said:
But just think of the HONEY.....and if not the honey what about the increased pollination.
and the throat swelling, stop breathing, call an ambulance NOW anaphylaxis. Uh huh. Not me. Have only needed the epinephrine once.......dont wanna do that again!

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
BrownSheep said:
redtailgal said:
and the throat swelling, stop breathing, call an ambulance NOW anaphylaxis. Uh huh. Not me. Have only needed the epinephrine once.......dont wanna do that again!
you and my sister...sigh, she sees a bee and starts to swell I swear.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Lol, Does she run, screaming like a girl, as the sound of "buzz"? I cant tell you how many times I have humiliated myself over a horsefly. :lol:

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
dwbonfire said:
manybirds said:
:D
11 goats (and more to come)
2 horses
4 guinea fowl
alot of ducks and 10 on the way
7 geese and 7 on the way
1 sheep
too many rabbits
about 15 chickens
8 pigeons
2 guinea pigs
2 dogs
3 cats
2 turkeys
1 gerbil
3 ducks sitting and an incubator full
:ep add it all up that about 200 hundred......more than i thought.....oops
hoping too add llama's pigs and bee's this summer possibly a mini pony
yes bees and a llama are at the top of my wish list!! :fl

someone needs to :smack me lol
i don't just want i NEED. u see the in the scenario that one of my goats or sheep where taken by a coyote or wolf that owuld be bad. a llama could easily prevent that. perfect reasoning
and bee's would be wonderful. I have started to make natural goats milk soap and my 'fans' (i.e my costumers) demand beeswax chapstick and candles. they demand. who am i to disappoint them? :D
and i need a :smack too bud i seriously doubt it would help

manybirds

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Lol, Does she run, screaming like a girl, as the sound of "buzz"? I cant tell you how many times I have humiliated myself over a horsefly. :lol:
:lol: sorry but thats funny! they say 'tame' bees arn't as agressive once they become used to there caretaker. plus you get your own smoke thing to knock them out when you go colect honey.

jarvisqh

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
got another doeling :) need about .. 3 bucks . cuz i cant pick between the large 2 and i need a small one for the small girls .. haha ..
buttercup should foal any day .. ( therefor she will make me wait till i believe she is never going to do it .. she must be in on the doe code ... hmm.. that must also be why she wont throw me a filly .. ... ( 4 differnt studs .. for 5 boys .. this year better not be number 6 ... i want a girl !!!!!!! lol )

i want a llama .. but everyone says no .. and mom pointed out butters distate for anything not her size she hates anything smaller than her .. or looks weird to her .. including donkeys and mules .. hates ponys with a passion .. hates the dogs.. doesnt like kids when they are on the ground but is super good with them on her back .. (weird i know) i havent even considered letting her meet the goats because of how she acts with ponys .. lol ... shes horrible .. mean old paint mare .. lol ( did i mention im the only person aloud in the field for a week after she foals .. everyone else ( weve had her since 99 and she knows me and my parent equally .. ) will be ran out of the field .. (she isnt playing or bluffing eigther .. lol ... :rolleyes: gotta love raising horses though .. i reallllllly want to start raising blue healers (aka australian CATTLE dogs ) again .. i miss raising puppies .. (we raised them for about 5 years .. ) i still have ppl ask if i still raise them .. ppl i dont even know.. and we havent raised them for .. 10 years or so .. ? lol ..

i need more chickens .. .. i dont have enough breeds .. lol ..

i need more goats .. because i have space for them and they make me happy ...

i need more turkeys .. cuz they are hopelessly outnumbered by the chickens .. and i only have one goose .. so he needs at least 10 friends .. same with the duck .. he needs about 10 friends..

i need a spot to raise feeder pigs.. so i can raise them to butcher ..
and a couple calves .. the same way ..

and i need a dairy cow so i can have fresh cow milk .. in case someone doesnt like goat milk .. and that cow will need a cow friend .. that im not going to eat ...

see i have the same logic :)

and mom has bunnies .. so .. i need some to go with hers ..

i also have some soft shell turtles ..and a fence lizard ..we caught yesterday lol ..

eggs in the bator ..
im thinkin about tryin to get the silkie to go broody so i can put eggs under her ...

yup hoplessly addicted to animals...

hmm grand ma is getting into the hair sheep .. maybe i should start my own herd .. so we can cross breed them ...

haha im horrible ..

id have my own mini zoo if i could afford it .. :)

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
3 dogs
2 cats
3 fish tanks
1 koi pond
2 horses
8 sheep
4 guinea pigs
16 ducklings
4 pet ducks
8 meat ducks
8 adult rabbits
20-30 kit rabbits
15 chickens
In those tanks and pond, total of 65-70 fish.
used to have 70 chickens, 5 aquariums, 6 pet ducks, 6 guinea fowl.

Hillsvale

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
jarvisqh said:
well .. i have 5 goats (for now =p) hippo okapi zebra giraffe and ellephant
3 horses and a fourth on the way butter blade and breaker ( mom and dad have the big herd =p)
3 dogs dot kahna and fletch the girls are blue healers .. fletch is a jack rat
a large flock of chickens .. breeds include ..
silkies, polish, wyandottes, ameracaunas, easter eggers, leghorn, lakenvelder, turkens, marans, pendenseneca, brahmas, speckled sussex, partridge rock, andalusians, hamburgs, duccles, belgian danvers and buttercups .. ( i think thats all of the breeds out there lol ..)

2 turkey poults
1 embden goosling (timpleton )
and 3 ducklings kahky tawny and racket
light weight! :gig

1 cat
1 parakeet
3 dogs
6 pigs (two breeders, 4 dinner), with the sow due at the end of the month
3 boer goats... all due any day
6 sheep with 4 lambs... 2 more due any time
maybe 21 layers of various heritage stock, 4 roos... 4 chicks in the brooder, bunch more in the bator
5 breeds of turkeys, bourbon red, slate, royal palm, beltsville, eastern wild... all stuck in their breeding pens
2 african grey geese
1 runner duck
3 muscovy (1 drake and 2 hens)

Staking out cattle now :ya

god I must have forgotten something...