Messybun’s Small starts big dreams

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Alright, so much to do so little time.
Started school, going for nursing. Have to get in the program, which means finish CNA, classes start sooner than I’d like to think about right now. I’m doing a full semester of the classes that are required but aren’t nursing right now; chem, psych, English, something else. I’ve figured that I can push five semesters of nursing school down to three if I do summer school and Clep one class, partly because of what I’m doing this semester. I’m going to start studying for what I want to clep come Monday, probably psych 2.0 because I don’t like psych 1.0 and would love to be done with it. Double up on study now and maybe I’ll be free of it later? That pushed the move time back for about two years. Which means slightly less of a limbo there. Need to get my garden started, like last week. Which means getting horse manure from somewhere and digging up a new patch. My current garden is simply not big enough and the soil needs at least a season of improvements before it really produces. Which means I’ll most likely only get one good season off the new patch and maybe a fall crop, but we’ll see.
Goats are struggling with mites again. When it goes from cold to hot it’s bad. It went from 70s for a day to 40s again. So special. The rain keeps washing off treatment too. Ugh, I hate these things. It’s also been a struggle with worms this year. Maybe it’s the goats getting older? I don’t know, but there are two skinny goats that need to gain weight. Even my smaller ones, who rarely have trouble, have had some problems with parasites.
My chicks are late, my brooder box got broken and then I had most of my young hens go broody. Figured maybe they’d hatch their own? Only two babies hatched and one died. Now, I’ve got to clean out coops and buy babies. Broody birds aren’t my favorite right now. But, I get to get baby chicks so that’ll be fun.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow, Miss Messybun! You have had your load of troubles! Maybe, if you can easily do so, you can cut back on the garden or maybe your farm animals, so the stress won't be so great.

I’m going to start studying for what I want to clep come Monday, probably psych 2.0 because I don’t like psych 1.0 and would love to be done with it. Double up on study now and maybe I’ll be free of it later?

Gosh, I kind of hate to hear that! I was counting on you to be able to treat my psych issues once you graduated. :old

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Wow, Miss Messybun! You have had your load of troubles! Maybe, if you can easily do so, you can cut back on the garden or maybe your farm animals, so the stress won't be so great.

Yeah, planning on expanding right now is maybe not the sanest idea I’ve ever had. But, just have to try sometimes.

Gosh, I kind of hate to hear that! I was counting on you to be able to treat my psych issues once you graduated. :old
Hmm, I’m more hoping to stitch skin than mend brains. But, if you ever drop in on my rounds I’d be happy to practice ivs! 🤣🤣 they make everything better. Including the brain!
Am I selling anyone to be my practice dummy yet?