Sneezing?

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A young rabbit I picked up today is doing this sneezing thing quite a bit.

I don't know if that's normal? And how much is normal and how much would be considered not normal?

It almost sounds like blowing her nose a bit, quick like 3 times and then stopping. Then a few minutes later she'll sometimes do it. But I didn't notice it until now so it hasn't really been that much.

It could be nothing I guess, but I thought I'd check.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think rabbit sneezing that much is normal. My rabbits rarely sneeze... at least in my presence. Your bunny may have come in contact with real dusty hay, or some other irritant or allergy trigger.

I should think you would want to look for any nasal discharge. If it is clear then she probably got a nose full of something irritating. If it is not clear then I'd be taking her to the vet, very quickly.

Don't want to alarm you with the possibilities of what it could be if your girl is just having an allergy attack.

Please keep us posted on how she is doing. Thanks!

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you.

Sneezing still there but has reduced.

I'm observing and trying to give extra attention.

Hopefully it will clear up.

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Try feeding some dry oatmeal. That can clear up runny noses and sneezing. If they have really runny noses, I'll give them about half dried oatmeal and half their usual amount of pellets. I had four young ones sent to me once in lieu of them being put down for fear of snuffles. After a week of half oatmeal and half pellets, three of the four were fine. The fourth one needed a few extra days of pure oatmeal before his nose cleared up.

But, I'm not a vet so my opinion is not official.