Sniffle'y buck - question

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
lol my other buck is much smarter than this one. He is usually bundled up in his house all day and all night. He only comes out when the girls are in heat.
Though this boy I think was low man at his old place, so he probably didnt get much goat interaction. He was very excited to have new friends that werent beating on him!

We are hopefully going to clean out the empty stall tomorrow. Then I can just bring him and the 2 does I want bred in at night. I need to find a bigger blanket too that covers his whole back...Here I thought the blanket was going to be too big!

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
chubs said:
Here I thought the blanket was going to be too big!
Is it that way with everyone?!???!! I thought it was just me!

I can't for the life of my ballpark a goat's weight until it hits about 130.. :lol: :gig :lol:

Two of our smaller does...one 1yr, one 11mo...just seem tiny to me, but then the other day I saw them on the other side of the fence from our GSD..

The 1yr old is considerably bigger, and the 11mo isn't far behind! :th

And I looked at our buck all summer and went...man, I just don't think he's gonna be big enough when the time comes. Worry, worry, worry... Then we turned a doe in and it was like POOF! -- he grew 6" taller and a foot longer right before my eyes.. I'd just never "seen" him as being that big until he stood side by side with an 18mo doe.

I dunno what it is, but it's like goats are walking optical illusions to me! :lol:

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:lol: They really are!! I was the same way with my youngest doe! She is only 10 months old now, and I really want her bred (she is about 80lbs already, so I'm not too worried), but since I got her this summer, I kept telling myself that there was no way she was going to be big enough by January...I got 2 other adult Lamancha does a few months ago, and was like, wow, she really isnt all that small is she?!
It always amazes me to see how much they grow when you compare them to something :D