Snow! In Texas! AGAIN!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan we are not set up for this kind of cold for a long stretch. We went to Walmart yesterday and it was a zoo. People were polite and in good spirits, how refreshing. Shelves were stripped. I got milk for the two bottle lambs. It is sleeting now, roads are ice, not leaving again until it all thaws out. Supposed to warm up next weekend. Single digit temps tonight. Our “winter extreme weather” usually lasts 3 days. This is a bunch of crap!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is always worse when not normal and used to it. It would be great if you could send it away! I hate when our area "gets our turn" at the ice and snow. You do what ya gotta do....don't have to like it. :hugs. Keep BJ inside last you need is damage to the new hip. And YOU take care not to fall.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan we are not set up for this kind of cold for a long stretch. We went to Walmart yesterday and it was a zoo. People were polite and in good spirits, how refreshing. Shelves were stripped. I got milk for the two bottle lambs. It is sleeting now, roads are ice, not leaving again until it all thaws out. Supposed to warm up next weekend. Single digit temps tonight. Our “winter extreme weather” usually lasts 3 days. This is a bunch of crap!
I am glad that we do have the salt and snowplows and such here to cope with this... but the ice is still bad. I cannot imagine not having the trucks and such to deal with it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m not letting BJ out. He slipped on the back step yesterday and bumped down the steps on his butt. He tore his arm too. He makes it sound like it’s a major catastrophe. Umm it is three steps. Three. He needed three bandaids on his arm, he was not bleeding to death, like he normally claims. Oh, his back hurts too. Whine, moan, complain and pity party. Men are such babies. Wah. Since I don’t need a man with a broken leg to care for, I told Mr. Accident to stay inside-in a most caring voice of course. LOL LOL

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I’m not letting BJ out. He slipped on the back step yesterday and bumped down the steps on his butt. He tore his arm too. He makes it sound like it’s a major catastrophe. Umm it is three steps. Three. He needed three bandaids on his arm, he was not bleeding to death, like he normally claims. Oh, his back hurts too. Whine, moan, complain and pity party. Men are such babies. Wah. Since I don’t need a man with a broken leg to care for, I told Mr. Accident to stay inside-in a most caring voice of course. LOL LOL
🤣🤣🤣🤣 my dad is just like that!

Longhornbreeder101

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
GINGER IS IN SO MUCH TROUBLE SHE GOT OUT HER BARN STALL AGAIN we’re did everything we cannnn to keep her in but she got out the fence and everything and is now outside my rooms window
2773CC59-3000-4FE3-8C1D-6202F4776E40.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just came in. Can’t use wagon to haul boiling water, have to carry buckets, about 2 gallons each. Sheep, steer, horses, chickens, 2dog buckets have all gotten a hole melted in the ice so they can have a drink.

Took snow pictures, phone in outside pocket, it got so cold it barely took pictures.

I came in to warm up, BJ is frying me some eggs. Been outside for 2 hours, round one. I’ll eat, rest a bit and go back out for round 2. Had BJ make birdseed and peanut butter balls for birds, they are swarming it! Hungry and cold.

Snow is over my boot tops, rolled up Carhart pants keeping snow out of my boots!

F8BD0D7F-6336-4A60-A528-4C9281BD4B56.jpeg

Goldie the steer’s water tub was piled high with snow.

EF92D52C-FFAC-4530-A857-448B7E5316D5.jpeg

I poured boiling water in it. He got round two before I came in.

376AFECE-B4C8-4479-A479-A60B39D1558E.jpeg