Snow! In Texas! AGAIN!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The sun is a red glow, it is going to be a high in the 50's today. I'm going to put the bottle lambs out in the barn with the other lambs and sheep today. I'll bring them in at night for a few days, they they can live in the barn. Cute little stinkers, and I do mean stinkers. LOL LOL Still more snow than earth showing. I never have seen a creature so small pee so much! Adorable, huggable little Pee Pots!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did your family contact the law about this slaughter of your cows ?
These people deserve to be hung up in a tree till the buzzards get their fill :mad:....I am so sorry your family is being targeted by such ruthless ignorant people .....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This makes me furious. Beating them to death with a brick is too good for them. They need to be in prison for the rest of their lives. I am so sorry this has happened to you and your family. My heart hurts for you. WTH is wrong with these pi$$ pore examples of human feces.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope it makes them spend a really long time behind bars. They can be mad about that too.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That would be good if you can afford it. Those poor animals should have some quality of life to make up for the mistreatment. Who knows, some may turn out to be quite good with proper care.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
As a fellow cattle person, and having a cow calf operation, I cannot express my sorrow for your loss and the anger about them getting shot. We have had a few incidences here over the years of cattle being shot, usually only one or 2 and it is out of spite 99% of the time.... but to wholesale shoot and kill that many is beyond despicable. Can a vet retrieve a bullet and possible have a reference for future..... maybe some getting killed somewhere else, or maybe compared to a rifle confiscated from the ones that get convicted of rustling yours?

The pictures of the starved animals is enough to have that person put in jail here for a good while on animal cruelty charges. I know things might be a little different out there, and laws differ in different states.
I admire that your family will try to salvage the animals, and give them a chance. It is unlikely that the worst ones will be pregnant as I am sure you know their body will abort the fetus but if they are fairly well along, they often will carry to full term. The poor things will have a very hard time making milk with their bodies in such bad shape. And I'm sure you also realize that it will take alot of hay to get them started back on track so that their rumens start to work before you can do much in the way of range cubes or grain/supplement.

Shame that the rustlers cannot be strung up like in the "old days".... it would be too good for them.

I hope that your law/range detectives/sheriffs can find positive proof and these sorry excuses of humanity will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I am so glad that you got back your own heifers before they were slaughtered; just sorry that it resulted in the death of so many others.
When things get a little calmer, would like to "talk cattle" ....maybe a PM sometime. I know several operations in Tx that I am on another cattle forum with and most are smaller operations of 20-50 head.... and know how outraged any and everyone of them would be at the wasteful destruction your operation has suffered.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is it that y’all have possession of their animals? Normally the SPCA would show up and take them. Or the sheriff department would impound them. What legal standing are you using to claim these animals? You have to be careful, a smart attorney will claim that YOU stole THEIR cattle.