Snow! In Texas! AGAIN!!!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the big win at the Jackpot. That kind of money is serious stuff. And agree with @Baymule you are also one very good rider and a good "team " with your horse to do that good. I know that it takes money to have good horses and alot of time and training to get that good.
Glad that pair of cougars is out there and not here. Is it breeding season? I would have thought that they would have bred before now but I am no expert on big cats. They could do a number on your goats. Hope they manage to catch them and get them moved elsewhere.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No all my show weather is separated from all the goats anyway for situations like this!
Oh good, I can't imagine trying to deal with a herd full of lice.

Haha well we’re back now but he did so good he got 1st and we won 23,800 dollars FROM A JACKPOT!
Wow! Congratulations!!!

Just went through all our cameras out at the land and look at who we found!
Um, those look like mountain lions/cougars/catamounts (here, last one shot in the late 1800's). At least tell me that the state knows they exist. I keep reading people say their state says they don't have any big cats but they've been seen by "regular people".

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had some feeder pigs once that brought lice with them. I gave them apple flavored horse ivermectin, a week later another dose and another dose another week later.

NEWCOMER

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Here we go again. This time it will be ice, sleet and snow. We had a thunder storm last night, two lightning strikes that shook the house. Close! The big beautiful cedar tree in the lot where our sheep chute and equipment is, got a massive hit. Two enormous branches were split off. The base of the tree is so big it takes two people to reach around it.

@Ridgetop remember the cooling shade we worked the sheep in when you showed me how to shear the woolies off? Yeah, that tree.
A pine tree was also struck and dropped heavy limbs on a cow panel and slightly bent it. My beautiful cedar tree!

View attachment 81553

I disconnected two cow panels and dragged one back to open the two lots so the sheep could have some pine needle popcicles. Frozen cedar greens are a sheep delicacy too! At least they will have something to keep busy on.

View attachment 81554
Aww. Shucks 🥺. Well if it snows you have fire wood

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What sealed the deal to popcorn was the statement about the doe about ready to give birth and it was a wether.

The hip waders came on when the trapped two mt lions in under 24 hrs and took care of them the food ole texas way.

I'm pretty sure they have drank from a muddy horse print 🤣🤣 great movie reference