So I got a Mini Zebu Bull......>>>>>> New Bull & Heifer Update..

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
In that pic, he does look like he could use some more weight but, like I have said before it could be due to a growth spurt he just went through too.

As for his licking the cone, make sure he has free choice mineral and a trace mineral salt block. He could be low in something and that is why he was licking it. Or there may have been something tasty spilt on it.

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
he is way cute........is that a white line down his back? yep, looks like maybe a little more weight, but when they are grwing, they look awefully gangly.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
laughingllama75 said:
he is way cute........is that a white line down his back? yep, looks like maybe a little more weight, but when they are grwing, they look awefully gangly.
Yeah, I've had heifers that look nice and well conditioned and all of a sudden are gangly and thin looking. They do that when they go through a big growth spurt. Afterwards, they fill back out nicely again.

chickenzoo

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Or there may have been something tasty spilt on it.... :sick

I'll keep an eye on him and see how his weight goes. When my vet comes he will tell me for sure what I should do for him. I'm sure seeing in person is better than trying to guess on a still photo. I separated him away from the horses and put him with the llamas, alpaca and emus. The emus should get him use to being touched, all by themselves... he he.... They followed him around interested in his tail, he didn't seem to upset by it. At least they won't push him away from the hay and feed like the minis. :D

chickenzoo

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Uno's training is going nicely. He is learning to lead better each day. I fitted a better mini halter on him. I have been rubbing him all over and rubbing his face. He did try to butt me a few times when I first started rubbing him. I jerked his head way up with the lead rope, and once he figured out that didn't work with me he pretty much gave it up. He hasn't really been interested in treats yet, he still needs to get more trust in me. So far so good. :D

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
1st thing you need to learn is never mess with a bull or steers head.they dont like you rubbing their heads or faces.an they will swing their head an hitt you.my herd bull will slamm my arm with his head if i dont watch him as im feeding him.an i do not touch his head.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
1st thing you need to learn is never mess with a bull or steers head.they dont like you rubbing their heads or faces.an they will swing their head an hitt you.my herd bull will slamm my arm with his head if i dont watch him as im feeding him.an i do not touch his head.
I would say that depends on the individual animal. We've had some that liked it and others that didn't.