Sold some goats, bought some goats

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We sold five of our goats this past Sunday. Clover, an Alpine doe, and her daughter Lulu; Kendall (Mini-Lamancha) and her son, Eddie; and Sebastian, our Nigerian Dwarf buckling. They all went to the same home.
These past few months I have been looking for a full-sized Lamancha doe/doeling to add to my herd, while still planning on selling a few of our other goats, too. I came upon an ad on Craigslist with two 8-month-old Lamancha and Saanen does, and a 4-month-old Lamancha buckling. I was going to just get the Lamancha doe, but then for some reason I showed my younger goat-loving sister the picture of the Saanen doe and she fell in love. She decided to sell her own goat, Lulu, to buy her. The owner said that we could have the buckling, Captain, free to go with them. Which, of course, we couldn't turn down!
They are all from Johnes, CAE, and CL tested parents.

Here are individual pictures (not all of them are recent though) of our herd:

Harriet, a 14-month-old Nubian
IMG_3674.JPG

Annie, a 10-month-old Alpine
DSCN4049.JPG

Midge, 8-month-old Mini-Lamancha
DSCN4037.JPG

Verity, 8-month-old Lamancha
DSCN4219.JPG

Sage, 8-month-old Saanen
DSCN4139.JPG

Melody, she is almost 7-months-old (this picture was from a few months ago)!
IMG_0219.JPG

And last of all, little Cap. He is 4-months-old, and he's a bit underweight, but we are bottle-feeding him and hopefully he'll gain some weight. I probably should weigh tomorrow...
DSCN4239.JPG

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics. Too bad you had to get rid of some to get more, but that's how it has to work sometimes I guess. They look great!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
:weee:weee:weee!
Lovely!

Congrats!

Verity almost looks identical to my lamancha mix :love!

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you all! Verity and Sage are very sweet. They were bottle-fed, and whenever Verity sees us feeding Captain she tries to get the bottle from him, so we have to feed him outside of the fence.
Verity also has wattles. :love

Here are a few more pictures of the new goats:

DSCN4223.JPG

DSCN4153.JPG

DSCN4205.JPG

DSCN4142.JPG

DSCN4178.JPG

DSCN4234.JPG

Latest posts