Somebody has one of my babies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Love the outcome! That's great you've been reunited. Hard to let a cherished pet go.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Until I kept sheep, I had assumed they were skittish, not very bright, and lacking in individuality (only because I was a 'Townie' and had had no contact with sheep).I have been amazed by their personalities, intelligence, and, often loving nature. Had I ever thought sheep to be sentient beings?...probably, but not to the extent that they are.The way that they clearly have their friends,can quickly learn where food/escape routes are, mourn their dead etc. has taught me another life lesson about assumptions not based on observation.

I had known of the intelligence of elephants, dolphins etc. and have always loved and kept dogs, cats etc. I have assumed cows and pigs to be 'quite bright', but the impression always given of sheep was that of a nervous and rather stupid, but loveable, furry lump. These lovely animals I now know can learn their given names quickly, know who they can trust, recognise faces (sheep and human) after even a long period and are generally bright and responsive.

Keeping chickens, too, I have observed how they, too, are much more capable than I had thought (not to the same extent as sheep, of course).

Though I might have been missing Lily more than she missed me, I am SO glad to have her back with me.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bet she missed you too and is as happy to be home as your are to have her home. I'm glad it had a happy ending and that you followed your heart. God bless the farmer for letting you have here.

Now put bright pink collars on all your favorites so there will be no more mistakes. ;)