Soon to be momma

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tatiana, forgive me. I wasn't getting it, but I also wasn't judging you- just offering advice and trying to get my head around two goats of opposite sex separated from each other not having other goat companionship. You will probably do well with all the other animals and time you spend with them. It's outside of the experience I have had with goats and what information I've come across, but my experience is limited to five years with goats and my reading to books and forums also. I am not a farmer or a vet or a trainer. I do deal with people who are interested in buying my stock and are new to raising goats and I was once one of them myself not that long ago. There are a lot of things I didn't even know to ask when I was starting out so I appreciated the back and forth conversations I had with the people I bought my goats from. Without them I wouldn't be where I am with my six wonderful does, three bucks and a wether. Even so, I consider myself a newbie.
Please don't get the impression that this forum will criticize your decisions because of my questions and comments. The people here are big-hearted and very supportive and knowledgeable.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
considering I also have 5 dogs they will be allowed to play with.
I am also sorry that you were offended by folks offers of advice. Of course, you have done your research and feel qualified to take on these guys. You have a solid background in animal health and I wish you well.

However - (sorry in advance and definitely do NOT want to offend you)

The above comment of yours is a bit frightening to me. Dogs and goats were never meant to be playmates. With the exception of LGD's I would be very hesitant to look at your dogs as a source of companionship for the goats. Your dogs might well be the exception and I know you will monitor their interaction. But, I felt obligated to say something.

Again I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way. Just hoping to save you any future heartache.

Hope your goats give you immense pleasure and that you find as much pleasure in them as I have in mine.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry that you feel the way you do... I wasn't and don't think anyone else was being judgmental or critical or chastising you. None of us knew of your livestock or veterinary experience or knowledge and were simply trying to offer helpful advice/recommendations... None of us here want to see anyone have a difficult time or experience needless loss or heartache. Wishing you nothing but success with your goats!

Tatiana Blackburn

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
The little buck I was going to get got trampled so I picked up my original doe and got another bottle baby doe to replace him. I'll get a buck later.
IMG_20180312_134358017.jpg IMG_20180312_134032412.jpg IMG_20180312_134730664.jpg IMG_20180312_134050656.jpg IMG_20180312_134311799.jpg

Tatiana Blackburn

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Haha actually that is Ino born Jan. 17th sitting with my granddaughter. Hinata was born Feb. 21st and she is the bottle baby.IMG_20180312_134358017.jpg

Latest posts