Sore hocks

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Super cold! All the waters froze except one. The high cage. But that cage had frost on the back on the inside. Burr. Anyone ever put glycerin in their rabbit water to slow the freezing? I just put a few drops don't know if it will do anything? I spilled water on my glove and it froze immediately. I'm making soup.
My baby valentines. Lol.

Attachments

• 20210214_154453.jpg
    20210214_154453.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 20210214_154512.jpg
    20210214_154512.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 132

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Great now it's snowing again! Yesterday got 3 more inches! Real feel temp is - 15 now!

Come on spring!! 🐇🌻🌼💐🌷🌸🦋🐛🐞🐝

Tired of 🐧🐧🐧🧊🧊🧊🧊❄️☃️⛄

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I rode south yesterday they had more snow than I did even at the next town just 11 miles. Yesterday it rained. Up in Delaware close to work it froze.
Woke up this morning and it was froze on our cars. Tired of this weather pattern for sure.
There's some cute bunnies there.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
More snow! Off today thank goodness. Snowing so much and still super cold. The bunnies outside are under so many insulation blankets, it takes me a minute to get to them. While I was uncovering them, the celery I had for then froze! Gave a nest box to the rex that's inside. She has never kindled before. Hope she's a good mom. The little baby bunnies are so sweet, as little babies are. Made some chicken soup from scratch. Will need to shovel again before long.
Hope the weather is treating everyone else a little better!

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
More snow! Off today thank goodness. Snowing so much and still super cold. The bunnies outside are under so many insulation blankets, it takes me a minute to get to them. While I was uncovering them, the celery I had for then froze! Gave a nest box to the rex that's inside. She has never kindled before. Hope she's a good mom. The little baby bunnies are so sweet, as little babies are. Made some chicken soup from scratch. Will need to shovel again before long.
Hope the weather is treating everyone else a little better!
So did the glycerin work? Read about it on here never tried it.
Omg you're getting more snow and I'm griping cuz it keeps raining.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Yeah just read 28 inches in the past 19 days and that doesn't count today. I put the glycerin but it must doesn't work at like 18 below zero. Waters were all frozen. Poor bunnies.

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yeah just read 28 inches in the past 19 days and that doesn't count today. I put the glycerin but it must doesn't work at like 18 below zero. Waters were all frozen. Poor bunnies.
So I looked it up and ended up on BYC and it read 1Tbsp to a gallon. Unless it's hot outside they generally just drink twice a day. But at that temperature do they even have time to get to it. Another site I believe it was only good for -8. You're right you need to move south.

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Lol. They canceled school for tomorrow so no work. Why did someone I know just offer me a farm job in Wisconsin! 🥶 Maybe just for the summer!

Grizzlyhackle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Going from the tundra straight to the North Pole.
I didn't think Wisconsin got summers. What kind of work they offering?

Rabbitsbysara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It's a lady I know and she has an organic farm, and she needs help planting 25,000 trees. Sounds like fun. She also has 150 acres in Canada! Lol. Yes Wisconsin is colder than Illinois!
We are getting a blizzard right now I can't even open my back door!