Sound like premature birth impending?? please weigh in

pridegoethb4thefall

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We have a fainter doe, first freshener, due April 13.

I checked her ligs today because I noticed her vulva was huge, very puffy and pink, and kinda looking loose. I couldn't find her ligs!!

I had to dig really deep and low to find ANYTHING feeling like ligaments, and her tail is all wonky. No fluid leaking, but a lot of off white gunk was collected under her tail above the anus and on her tail fur.

She is eating, and is suddenly letting us touch her, when for 6 months she hasn't let us near her without grain treats.

I am worried she is about to have kids way too soon!

Does this sound like normal ff behavior for 6 weeks from delivery? Or should I prepare for the worst?

Anyone have this kind of thing happen? Ever see these signs and not have early delivery??

Thanks for any insight! :)

RainySunday

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Is she due in March? or April? If she is due March 13th, then she could be right on track (day 145 onwards is very normal). For April, I have no advice, maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

pridegoethb4thefall

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thank you for pointing out my mistake!!! She was bred November 19, so due APRIL 15th. Edited my first post to correct my mistake.

I wish she was due March though.... I am so ready to see baby goats, and I wouldn't be freaking over her symptoms.

The mushy hind end, no ligs, and the floppy tail, along with a pink swollen vulva?? All scary signs for me. But, her udder is still tiny..

RainySunday

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
No problem, I hope she holds on a few more weeks for you. Our juniors are all due starting tomorrow, and they have had very puffy red bits for quite awhile, and some discharge as well (plug I assume, nothing in large quantities).

:hugs