Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
My baby Chunk snoozing...

He is my heart! :love
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines (1).JPG

My other heart! oh and the dog too! :p "Blue"
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines (3).JPG

LOL- a few weeks ago Chunk about gave me a concussion... I didn't get knocked out but I did have that OK I better sit down for a bit moment and a killer headache... Long story- my fault- but his head and mine collided.
:th x 10!

And our sweet Eliza. She is always smiling.
Such a wonderful sweet dog! :love
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines.JPG

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had to do some fencing repairs the other day and decided to bring "D" up and in the house. I LOVE this dog! He is a big luvvy baby!
His feet are so big... these are 4" squares- yes... from this nasty 1970's floor :lol:
April 18,2016 028.JPG

After some chicken, hot dogs, cheese... cuddling with "daddy"
April 18,2016 030.JPG

And today... I had so much on my mind and just wanted to go out and see the goats and dogs... Blue always knows (much like Chunk- but Chunk was in another field)... He just came up beside me sat and leaned in a little... He is amazing. Dropping his winter weight he is down to 130 now... but geesh is he all muscle. Need to weigh all the dogs for their HW preventative.
April 24,2016 040.JPG

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I only read page 8, 9, and 10, and this one cause I saw the picture with the dog with the two Aussies on the home page but I just wanted to say that I have loved reading the stories! It is amazing how similar our dog is too even though he is completely unrelated! I always thought the leg out thing was him telling me to go away, that he did NOT want to petted, but maybe it is the opposite. Maybe he is saying pay attention to me lol he also does it if I go to leave after petting him. He is not done yet. :lol:

We have a Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator. He just turned 5 on March 7th. I can't believe how old my baby is already. :hit:hit

Anyhow, I know this thread is old but I just wanted to say how cool it is to see how similar my boy is. And I do plan on reading the rest of the thread.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @kdogg331 These babes are all grown up and still just wonderful.
Lost our dear sweet Anatolian female the boy in the pic above mother. One of the hardest losses I have ever experienced in my life.
So glad I kept some of her offspring.

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Awww so sorry to hear of your loss. :(

It is definitely good that she can somewhat live on through her offspring though. You said one of them was very similar to her, right? Still not the same though, I imagine.

That is wonderful they ended up being such great dogs! Sorry if you've said this somewhere but as I mentioned, I started in the thread late, so how big was the litter and how many did you keep?

Our boy is strongly Pyr but does have some Lab traits, like wanting to be with his people all the time. Though that's probably more a Pyr trait too? He is a very sweet and loving boy. And the laziest dog I have ever seen. Gladly sleeps all day. Although Pyrs never really sleep, always one eye open as I am sure you know. He's not great with the chickens and I do not trust him enough to let them free range with him out but I think that's just the Lab side and largely because he hasn't had that much exposure to them. He is making good progress though. But it is amazing the lack of exercise needs, our old Lab was always off the walls crazy. He does get bursts of energy where he wants to play though. And all that said, I have started exercising him more because he still needs some and it's just not fair. But he is not in your face at all about it and in fact, has to be almost dragged out most days. :lol:

But once out, he would gladly stay out all day if we let him

Anyhow, sorry, now I'm rambling

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
No, there will never be another like her.
She had 11 pups the last one didn't make it .. died right after birth.
10 MALE PUPS! :lol::lol::lol:

I :love the boys!!!!!!!!!!

We ended up keeping 3... it was going to be 2 but we decided in the end we could not part with Pete.
We currently have 5 pyrs (one retired and lives in the house) and 1 Anatolian and 3 Toli/Pyrs
A German Shepherd, a boxer/lab mutt and a Neopolitan Mastiff/Pyr pup

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine. Dogs are, imo, one of a kind but then within that, there's definitely extra special ones that are just different. She seems like one of those? And sorry if that part came off as rude or mean or anything, I didn't mean to imply that he was exactly the same or she wasn't special or anything. I am sure she was. :(

WOW that is a lot of males!! The odds of that seem really low lol

That makes sense, some you get more attached to. I probably wouldn't be able to part with any of them. :lol:

But wow you have a lot of dogs!!

So do the GSD and 2 mixes live inside?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I imagine. Dogs are, imo, one of a kind but then within that, there's definitely extra special ones that are just different. She seems like one of those? And sorry if that part came off as rude or mean or anything, I didn't mean to imply that he was exactly the same or she wasn't special or anything. I am sure she was. :(

WOW that is a lot of males!! The odds of that seem really low lol

That makes sense, some you get more attached to. I probably wouldn't be able to part with any of them. :lol:

But wow you have a lot of dogs!!

So do the GSD and 2 mixes live inside?

I didn't take it that way at all! :)

The GSD, the Boxer Lab, Neo/Pyr are in and out... property guardians. The boxer lab is an unbelievable all around farmdog! They are in at night and in and out when we are... The GSd and Lab/boxer like to hang out on the porch. Well ... the Boxer lab hates the cold and never stays out in the winter LOL They kinda do what they want... if they want in they come in, if they want out they go out.
The new one is a pup and she is being worked with as a general farm/property guardian. She doesn't care anything about the critters LOL she is HIGHLY protective of her people though.
The property isn't fenced and so she is not safe to go in out... she is on lead or in a fenced area. She is stubborn and pigheaded and has selective hearing. :lol:

Yep we have a lot of dogs... we have a lot of fields and a lot of goats and a lot of coyotes! :D
Our Boxer Lab is getting old... don't know how long she will be here.

kdogg331

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I didn't take it that way at all! :)

The GSD, the Boxer Lab, Neo/Pyr are in and out... property guardians. The boxer lab is an unbelievable all around farmdog! They are in at night and in and out when we are... The GSd and Lab/boxer like to hang out on the porch. Well ... the Boxer lab hates the cold and never stays out in the winter LOL They kinda do what they want... if they want in they come in, if they want out they go out.
The new one is a pup and she is being worked with as a general farm/property guardian. She doesn't care anything about the critters LOL she is HIGHLY protective of her people though.
The property isn't fenced and so she is not safe to go in out... she is on lead or in a fenced area. She is stubborn and pigheaded and has selective hearing. :lol:

Yep we have a lot of dogs... we have a lot of fields and a lot of goats and a lot of coyotes! :D
Our Boxer Lab is getting old... don't know how long she will be here.

Okay good. :)

Oh nice! So they're somewhat like pets but with a job and more enriched life than most?

My boy is really protective of us too but we also made the mistake of not really socializing him so that's probably part of it but still. He freaks out when anyone walks by the car. Or the yard lol. One time someone made the mistake of reaching in the window and he freaked. He didn't bite or anything but he probably might have if they hadn't yanked their hand out so fast. But that was a while ago and he has calmed down a lot.

Speaking of which, he used to be a huge pain but really calmed down at 3, started to a little before that, and now at 5 he is extremely calm and just sleeps all the time. But he still loves to play and go places but I think he's just older.

He only goes out a few times a day because he's lazy plus my mom doesn't like him going in and out a million times a day but I'm going to start letting him out more because he's not a cat lol

Our yard isn't fenced either so we have a rope out back but I might walk him around the yard/property. I did that like yesterday or the other day. We have almost 3 acres, about half or a little less is the yard, the rest wooded and we share woods with the neighbors so it's more. He lovessss to go on what I call property patrols lol a walk but on our property. He can be reactive to some dogs so he doesn't go on many walks anymore but we do go to the mailbox (our driveway is long) at less busy times. But now with all the ticks patrols are hard. We didn't get very cold this winter so it's a bad year for ticks. :/

Oh and I rambled but I was going to say the rope was cause he used to run away but I don't think he would do that now.

One time he went down the street to the pond for a swim then came right back. It was a hot summer day. :lol:

Anyway, sorry for rambling so much!!!

That makes sense why you have so many dogs then. We only have the one dog, a cat, and chickens. We don't let the chickens free range but I'm starting to let them some. I don't trust Gator with them yet. And we might get goats as you know :D

Oh and I have 4 goldfish. I had 6 but 2 died. But yeah.