Southern's 2015 Kidding -Mini's off to new home

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am soooo ready for them to go out!
If you noticed this particular playpen has toys built in the sides... rattle noises, crinkly sound thingy, squeaker.
They play with all of them. :th

ALL NIGHT! :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie

The bottom is a board covered in plastic, with an old sheet then peep- pads over it. Baby goat hooves are adorable on wood floors in the house in the day. THEY ARE NOT ADORABLE in the playpen at night. :rolleyes:

Glad I have a month and a half off... I need sleep!

FarmersDigest

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I'm in love! :loveI love the pic where two of them are sticking their tongues out. They are all such amazing colors. You lady, sure have a great farm! And amazing looking animals. :bow

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am soooo ready for them to go out!
If you noticed this particular playpen has toys built in the sides... rattle noises, crinkly sound thingy, squeaker.
They play with all of them. :th

ALL NIGHT! :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie

The bottom is a board covered in plastic, with an old sheet then peep- pads over it. Baby goat hooves are adorable on wood floors in the house in the day. THEY ARE NOT ADORABLE in the playpen at night. :rolleyes:

Glad I have a month and a half off... I need sleep!

This sounds as good as baby chicks in the incubator peeping all night! :lol:

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OMG, that last singleton has got to be the most handsome baby goat I've ever seen! He is just gorgeous! His markings are just incredible! It doesn't help either that there isn't a baby born that is as cute as a baby goat and these are no exceptions! Congrats on your 3 new bucklings and 1 little doeling! I love baby goats!

I've got a neighbor/friend who called me on the 31st to help her get a cold newborn baby goat back up on its feet after we found the doe had no milk. After feeling around a single side of momma's udder, 24 hours after kidding, the udder was only the size of a nickel. The teats were tiny too. Almost lost that little cutie she had less than 24 hours earlier, but she's doing really well as a bottle baby now. During the time we were getting the baby warmed up and back on her feet my friend Cyndy found that between her goats and her Dorper sheep she had 9 new babies in the preceding 24 hours! One of the goats that had kidded was her oldest goat, Houdini (bet you can't guess why she got that name, LOL!), and she had twins, at the age of 15! We had to go hunt them down because she had kidded and stashed them away so she could go and eat! Nothing like newborn baby goat hide and seek. because finding them for the first time ever is incredible!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@madcow
Thank You. They are a handful right now. :)
This is our first year of attempting to pull kids. It is working out very well for us.

So very glad you could save the kid!:clap I do wonder why the doe never came into milk. Very strange.
9 babies in 24 hours! :ep
Amazing! 15 years old! We know a few people that have had the same thing happen with their retired 14,15,16 year old goats. Crazy!
They have all pulled the kids so as to not tax the momma.

There really isn't anything quite like a baby goat! They just make you smile!

Latest posts