Spanish mastiff's for guardian dogs

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
And why the heck didn't the breeder DNA them?!?!?! That is just wrong. If they knew there were different sires they should have owed up for their mistakes and pay the $ to DNA them. All that stress on you and the stock… :hit :somad :he

I have no idea. I don't think that they knew anything about a potential different sire for quite a while after the puppies were born as the other possible sire is supposedly an ancient neighboring (and neighbor is a loose definition since they are miles and miles apart) BC. But he's not my dog and I was not involved in his purchase (I was not in favor of getting him either) so I don't have any specific details.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I guess I misunderstood since you said you were going for a pup from their early 2017 litter. Sounded like your decision was pretty much already made.
I should of had been more clear in my saying...sorry.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome @BrendaMNgri :frow Glad you stopped by the site and hope you'll consider adding us as one of your "routine visiting" stops. Always room for more breed experts!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was an extremely informative link about EPI! Thank you @BrendaMNgri for joining up and sharing this with us, I saved it to my favorites. I have been on your web site before, when I was dreaming of living on a bit of land, wanting sheep and LGD's. We finally made it, we have 5 pregnant ewes, waiting on our 2nd lambing and have 2 Great Pyrenees. I am in love with your Pyrenean Mastiffs, they are so gorgeous! How do they do in hot climates?

I hope you continue to post here and share with us the benefit of your experience and wisdom. We have a good bunch of folks here, those that know, help those who are trying to learn. Emphasis is always placed on the animal's welfare, no animal is considered insignificant.

Welcome to the forum, hope you stick around!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Because we already have a thread going on this breed I thought why muddle the forum with more - If not allowed please delete or tell me where to put this post instead or move it…thanks!

I am rehoming two Spanish Mastiff male 3 year old going, trained and full on bulletproof boys I bred and raised for a customer. Located in MT. There is also a 7 year old spayed Pyrenees/Polish Tatra cross female that must be homed. Long story short: family meltdown on a huge, upscale, top tier huge commercial/specialty purebred farm/ranch in MT means all must go. That included a rare 100 head herd of Gotland sheep (they are homed as of today), cattle, organic turkey project…sigh…it's ugly, but none of my bee's wax - my sole involvement is finding my precious dogs new homes…..

These boys and the Pyr/Tatra went up there as an "elite" "LGD Starter Package" three years ago. They have done fabulous. Breaks my heart they must be rehomed but that is my New Year's project and cross to bear as a responsible breeder who brought them into the world... :(. All the info is here on my website (link below). Be warned: they are not going cheap - these are the best of the best out of my bloodlines and imported parents. I mean top of the top of the very best. But anyone lurking around on this forum has a sizeable stash for that rainy day, this is a rare opportunity to buy a Rolls Royce of SM's. And the female LGD is a doll - I want her to go to a semi-retirement farm/homestead set up where she can loll by the fire on cold nights, keep mom, dad and kids safe, patrol the place, accompany you to chores and feeding, but gets lots of brushing, love, attention, play time, and rest as she slows down with age (she is 7). Anyhow enough here - I just posted this today, have had 100's of hits already people looking but no application requests yet - here is the link with all the info: http://www.lgdnevada.com/news---litters.html
They are beautiful!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a buy/sell/trade section. You might get more views there?

They are amazing and gorgeous dogs!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I think right here is best. The thread title already states the dog breed and anyone interested in that breed would come here first anyway. Probably following it. I hope you can find the right home and circumstances for those three beautiful animals.