spinning :) **pics**

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
made two drop spindles the other day. spinning wool on one and "plarn" on the other. here is some pics of what i have.

fiberthings001.jpg

fiberthings005.jpg

fiberthings004-1.jpg

i have shortened the longer one. now it is just a few inches longer then the short one.
fiberthings001-1.jpg

fiberthings002-1.jpg

fiberthings003-1.jpg

fiberthings005-1.jpg

fiberthings001-2.jpg

i have mohair that is straight from the goat. hope to try and do some of that soon.
any other spinners here?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Well, I look forward to seeing your finished project from the plarn. It's a very interesting idea.

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
I saw a bag made of plarn once. It was really cool! It makes a great tote bag. Great job on the spinning!

Melissa'sDreamFarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Where is the "like" button. That is absolutely fabulous idea to re-purpose plastic bags.

craftymama86

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awesome job! I have yet to spin. We have an Angora rabbit but haven't gotten much from her yet. I did have to trim her once b/c I wasn't able to brush her for several days (I know, awful) but it's not enough to even start with lol. We'll be getting a male today and I may end up having to give him a trim too. I think he is a rescue and can see from the pics he has bad matts, poor baby.

Until I can get a wheel, or my DH makes one, I may try making some of those drop spindles, yours look like they're working really well! Love the idea of making sandal soles. I thought about making plarn but didn't know what to do with it, aside from bags, lol.

:thumbsup

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That is SOOO cool! I still can't figure out how the drop spindles work - they perplex me! (I learned on a wheel).

I love the fiber too...beautiful colors. The plarn looks good too! Soooo many things to do...not enough hours in a day!

Again - good job!