Spotty Lambs of 2018

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
As of right now I'm up to 4 sets of twins and a set of triplets from the jacobs (Jewel is a queen among sheep) and a single from the cormos (of course). Still waiting on 8 sheep and 4 goats. I only meant to breed 2 goats but they had other ideas. They're all synchronized though so everyone should be done having babies by the 21st.

This was the second lamb born here. She tried real hard to die of hypothermia but is doing alright now.

Her sister is a real looker.

Aster had giant twin boys.

Jewel not only had triplets for the second year in a row, but they were all girls!

They were a little crumpled up from the tight quarters.

And one needed a bit of a pick me up but she seems to be doing alright now. Nothing says "farmer" like standing around your bathroom with a slimy lamb down your bibs!

I'm putting on a class to teach women the basics of lambing/things you can do to save lambs this Sunday (1-4, there's still spots open if anyone is in NE OH and wants to join in!) and I'm glad there will be plenty of babies on hand for practice but I'm exhausted already. Why did I think grad school would be a good idea again?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a great lambing season so far. :clap

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Another day, another set of triplets. Glad I was there for this birth as the first one up came tail first. Luckily jacobs have narrow enough shoulders that it wasn't a huge issue and I could just help pull him. Ended up with 2 rams and a ewe. These are the first lambs sired by my new ram so I was real happy when that ewe popped out at the end!
P94pkXSl.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love your spotty lambing thread! What adorable babies! Post more pictures as they grow, Please!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Such cute lambs....

Nice (slimy) jacket . I burnt my old jacket a few days back as the zipper was malfunctioning. It smelt so BAAAAAAD.

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Such cute lambs....

Nice (slimy) jacket . I burnt my old jacket a few days back as the zipper was malfunctioning. It smelt so BAAAAAAD.

I'm not even sure I remember what color that coat is supposed to be any more :lol: Green? Brown? Who knows.

A single ewe, a pair of ram lambs, and buck/doe angora goat twins overnight. Now I just need to caffeinate enough to teach my class this afternoon!

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
In ten days I had 32 babies born but I'm finally done! 19 jacob lambs, 2 cormo lambs, a cormo/romeldale cross lamb, 3 romeldales, 7 angora goats. Once I return to the land of the living I'll take more pictures but here are some quick shots I took while doing tail docking today so I have a record of what each baby looks like in case I get confused later. My barn is just packed full of small spotty sheep on every surface right now.

Sweetpea, the smallest of Jewel's triplets. I really like this tiny sheep. All of the triplets have collars right now so I can keep a close eye on them.

One of Aster's boys.

The younger of Daisy's two boys. She had been running around acting like a ram for weeks and I wondered if she was going to have ram lambs. Sure enough out popped two half grown boys with huge giant horn buds. This dude has a funny split nostril.

Johnnie's middle triplet.

And her one ewe lamb. Monty's lambs are all fuzzy and it will be interesting to see how their wool develops.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats on all those babies! LOVE the spots! :love