Spotty Lambs of 2018

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Do you know if you'll have some cormo or cvm ram lambs for sale later on? I am eyeing two of my ram lambs but unsure with half my ewes being quite related already.

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Do you know if you'll have some cormo or cvm ram lambs for sale later on? I am eyeing two of my ram lambs but unsure with half my ewes being quite related already.

I'll definitely have a CVM ram lamb and some adult cormo and CVM rams for sale this year. I'm getting out of the cvm/romeldales for the most part this year to focus more on the cormos. All my cormos had girls this year which was yay for me but not so much for people hoping for rams.

Edit: The CVM ram lamb is a moorit badgerface, probably light badger/light blue?

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Enjoying the sun and procrastinating on laundry with lamb pictures

Pile o lambs with teeny little Sweetpea in the middle. She's the runt of a set of trips but she's a fighter.

Just like zebras only spottier.

Brothers are such a pain.

Love this sweet moorit boy :3:

She is exactly like her momma Valkyrie, right down to the attitude.

Look at these smug cormo ladies.

One of these is a cormo, the other is a cormo/romeldale cross. I really can't tell them apart so they're wearing collars with their moms' names on them.

I think this is the cross?

Big beefy cormo girl

Jewel does have triplets but one of those isn't hers. Also it isn't a picture of Jewel without yelling.

Johnnie and her two boys, her girl is the one behind Jewel in the last picture. Probably going to keep back one of these boys.

Mina the pyr puppy is too young to be trusted around tiny babies unsupervised but she sure loves to watch them.

Another one of Johnnie's less fluffy boy

Daphne's ewe. She's a mile long and has cute little shoes and I need to tell myself not to keep all of them.

Reba's ram lamb. I'll probably end up growing him out over the winter too.

Daisy's fuzzbucket boy

Doodlebug who is finally committed to not running away and dying. He's still smaller than the others after getting hypothermia twice but he's growing well.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
1) I now think I need some adorable spotty sheep too! They are completely adorable!! :love (You have to keep Daphne’s ewe lamb or I’m going to end up in the doghouse because she will be in my barn!!)

2) How did you get that many pictures in a post? I get cut off after 10 and have to start a cont’d post.

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
1) I now think I need some adorable spotty sheep too! They are completely adorable!! :love (You have to keep Daphne’s ewe lamb or I’m going to end up in the doghouse because she will be in my barn!!)

2) How did you get that many pictures in a post? I get cut off after 10 and have to start a cont’d post.

Everyone needs spotty sheep! Spots make everything better.

I think I can post a whole bunch because I link them from my own hosting (I use flickr) instead of uploading them to byh? I dunno, that's just how I've always done it because I post to a couple of different places that all use bb code.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great pics! You have some absolutely fabulous looking Dalmatian sheep! They are beautiful! I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to get rid of any... So I suggest you keep them all! ;):hide

ETA... You may be pic limited due to the file size of the pics... If you aren't compressing them, then each pic could be 3-4Meg in size...

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
Lambs are all 6 months old now and I'm down to just the ones I'm growing out over the winter for the most part.

Here's my "show string" that I'm showing at SAFF in NC next month.

Caraway, triplet ram with one ice blue eye. He's a really striking looking guy.
31081640038_ba9b4876e3_z.jpg

His brother I haven't named yet is a little shrimpy still and is just coming for moral support.
44234291134_59cba0db85_z.jpg

Sassafras...
44905731142_e85494f138_z.jpg

and Smitten are from a different set of triplets. All ewes! They're going to be in the pair of ewes class I think.
44234288364_4b6a2e462d_z.jpg

Pennyroyal is just a lovely, all around ewe lamb.
44042063565_001556ddc3_z.jpg

Hellebore inherited her mom's short body but her fleece is awesome so I think she's just going to be in the fleece class
44234289124_2b6640108a_z.jpg

Fern is for sale (along with Smitten) so I'm dragging her along in the hopes that someone will want a 2 horned set of ewes. Caraway is technically for sale too so I could sell a whole starter flock.
44042065585_f9276ee594_z.jpg

I've already decided on breeding groups and will be putting rams in the first week of November. I still need to pick up at least one ram I'm using this year so I should probably get on that.

Latest posts