Spring Creek Lucie Cocoa KIDDED *Pics*

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Lucie one of my Registered Kinder Does are due on the 23th.

She is under a year old. And her breeding was an accident. But she should do just fine.

Daddy is either 'Wilbur Van Gogh' or 'Ambrosias Kodiac'

We should easily be able to tell when she kids. We are hoping for twins. And she is as round as she is tall right now. Poor thing looks uncomfortable. She is happily getting her own stall right now at night, and free roaming during the day.

Yesterday we fixed up the kidding stall and installed some nice rotating lights.

I'm so excited. I just can't wait.

She is the first of many does due. The others won't begin until March.

1137_twins.jpg

Lucie is the black on the right. Her sister Sammie on the left.

Taken early Sept.

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She is doing good. Her udder is really starting to fill up. I didn't get to check on her much today. We drove 14 hours to pick up two more goats. :lol:

I would love to get some pictures tomorrow if I have time. But my best friends brother died yesterday, so the funeral is tomorrow, and I have a photohraphy class, and work. So they will probably have to wait until friday.

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well she had them tonight at 10:30 as I expected.

I checked her at 10 and she was acting completely normal. No goo, no contractions, no signs at all.

Came back out at 10:30 and there is two babies not more than a minute or two old. Little stinker.

kodyr.jpg

Daddy is Kodiac. You can't tell very well in this picture but he has a white splash on his rump.

babyb.jpg

Lucie and her twins. A solid black girl with a white head spot and half white ears. And a crazy unusual boy that is brown, red, black, white grey. He is awesome. I love him. I do wish their genders were switched though. Cause now it looks like I will be keeping another boy. :p That brings my buck total up to 4. And this is my first kinder kidding. :he

baby2mx.jpg

Look how neat the male is. His color is so awesome. He has a white spot on his neck, and a white belly band on both sides. Neither of his parents have spots or a belly band. Weird.

baby3fs.jpg

Other side. Lucie is such a good mommy. But it's really cold outside so I'm worried about them. I will be checking lots tonight. The girl is a piggy, the male is much slower to get a hold and suck.

I am soo happy. With my little babies. The buck will remain here with us for now. And the girl is most likely for sale. She has the genes to pass on colored babies. Let me know or PM if your interested in more information.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures. Flash ruins everything. I will try to get some better ones in the morning.

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
CONGRATS!

I just had a Pygmy/Nigi kid VERY similar to your buck - see the thread about Sassy's kidding. VERY unusual and pretty, can't blame you for keeping him!

KinderKorner

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Your baby looks to have grizzling. Which is semi-common in Kinders. Lucie their mother, has grizzling just like your baby on her legs, face, tail...

But the little buck not only has excessive brown grizzling. He also has both white and brown facial stripes, white splashes, belly bands, and also brown patches. It's just weird.

Thats what is so cool about goats. Their color genetics are so complex that no one knows much about them. And there is no way for sure to promise what color a baby will be. :love

We are debating on Noelle for the girl's name. And Jack Frost for the boy since he has so much frosting 'grizzling'

What does anyone else think? We want either Christmas or Chocolate related names.