Spring Round-Up

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

BEAUTIFUL day @ Calfee Farms!!! We still have 2 Spanubian does left to kid. All kids got their 1st round of vaccinations, USDA Scrapie tags, and Calfee Farms ID tags. I also got a few of our new momma goats their bi- annual hoof trim, deworming, copper supplement capsule, and yearly CD&T booster vaccination. I also managed to wrangle our BIG Koy Spanish herdsire Zorro into the squeeze shoot and into the head gate for a deworming, booster vaccination, hoof trim, copper capsule supplement, and a good military issue high and tight haircut (his bangs). He is ready to go back to his harem with a new hair do and a fresh hoof trim.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
We will be doing the same with our Kikos (Bucks) soon.
Funny how when one types what they did up it all sounds so simple and easy. We know the reality! :lol:

With only a few more to go won't you just be bored after that! :p

How are your weight gains going?
I need to look at your site. (yes, I do look up what is going on at your place)

goatboy1973

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We will be doing the same with our Kikos (Bucks) soon.
Funny how when one types what they did up it all sounds so simple and easy. We know the reality! :lol:

With only a few more to go won't you just be bored after that! :p

How are your weight gains going?
I need to look at your site. (yes, I do look up what is going on at your place)
I am glad we have a few that follow us. My birth avg. individual birth weights have been at or slightly below what we had last year. I attribute it to more multiple births this year than last year (more kids per doe so less weight per kid). Yeah the round-up sounds so easy on a blog on BYH but you should look at my left shin, our Herdsire Zorro decided he could turn around in the narrow corral and head from whence he came even though I was standing in his way of being able to accomplish that goal. He tried to mow right over me and found my left shin with his rack of horns. Needless to say, my entire shin is a yellow bruise. He was not trying to hurt me, but simply to escape a hoof trim, a haircut, a vaccine booster, and a BOSE injection. I really can't blame the poor fella. Anyhoo, trying to catch those little month old kiddos to tag, tattoo, vaccinate etc... by hand was very hard. I am going to Walmart this week and get me a long handled heavy duty fisherman's net to catch the rest of those little rascals and then use it again to catch them for their booster because my whole body ached including my bad back the day after the leisurely sounding "Round-Up". LOL!!! I haven't had time to record the info on our website or FB page or here concerning birth weights, 30 day weights and the likes but I hope to do so soon (in the next couple of weeks. I can tell you that they all are growing by leaps and bounds especially our 50/50 Spaniko kids and our Sawyer/ Koy Spanish X Kiko/ Nubian kids. I am seeing some of these kids "heads and shoulders" above the rest. Most of these kids are bucklings which will probably go to my Muslim and Nigerian customers and maybe 1 or 2 to neighbors as replacement commercial herdsires. I will undoubtedly have1or 2 left over that don't sell that I may either take to auction or take to be processed for my own freezer. Thanks for following Calfee Farms and if you decide you can't live without a commercial replacement doe, I should have what you are looking for.

:thumbsup:frow