Spring?

Scooby308

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yesterday it was 75 and sunny. The peeper, cheapers, creakers were all out last night raising a ruckus. 24 hours later there is a quarter inch of snow and the low is supposed to be 13. But those early spring amphibians are raising cane in the snow.

kinder

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well maybe spring for you, but my neck of woods got 2ft. of snow, and that's going to take a while.:idunno

Scooby308

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It was 65 and sunny yesterday and we are getting 3" of snow tonight. Sigh...I wish Mother Nature would quit being so whacked.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I don't know where you're at @Scooby308 but we're getting the same kind of craziness here in Central Ohio. Swinging crazily back and forth...back and forth. I've seen robins and buzzards both tell tales of Spring around here...but this yo-yo-ing has everything and everyone confused. I wish Mother Nature would get back on her meds and set the world right again!

M.L. McKnight

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The weather has fooled me too. This winter was frigid and we had a few days of spring weather followed by what seems to be a repeat of fall! Two days ago I was walking around the farm feeding and whatnot in a short sleeve shirt, yesterday I wore my jacket like a second skin. There is a rumor going around about sunshine and warm temps headed our way but I won't be holding my breath. On the positive side - its been a pretty good season for peas!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Spring--maybe. East Texas 50 miles N of Houston. Nice, warm and typical March wind for this week, but cold and rainy 2 days ago. Highs mid 70s, early morning lows in upper 30s. I expect more frost and a light freeze or 2 yet (into April) , tho most trees are now budding out except the pecans.
Water is still too cold for the fish to feed much in my ponds and ground is still not warm enough to encourage germination of anything I would plant in my garden, but I will try to till it up tomorrow. I'd rather get it in the ground late than to get it in and up, then lose it all to frost. Did that last year.

Scooby308

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Idk how much more of this "global warming" I can take. It hits the 60s for a few days then drops downtown 40s for highs. They are calling for 40s the next three days, a dusting to two inches of snow tonight thru tomorrow, and lows in the teens the next two nights.