standard Rex breeding question

megan l kashuba

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey everyone, hoping for some opinions/ help with a breeding question. I currently have 2 bucks and 4 pedigreed Rex rabbits in my rabbitry. Finally ready to start breeding and i'm not sure which buck to pair with which doe.

I have a chocolate buck (great type great coloring) and a blue buck (lovely dark blue coloring okay type)
a black otter female, 2 lilac broken females (great coats good type), and a blue otter female (great type and color).

I havent been able to come across a great otter buck so thats been a challenge so far. any tips or pairing suggestions would be greatly appeciated :). Rabbits are for showing (but also meat and pets if temperment allows)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Personally would breed all does with the chocolate since he has better type. Maybe the blue to the doe with the best type. Look at your sop see where the points are on the rexes. Fur and type should be higher points so breed to that. Color in my Velveteens lops is only 4 points so I focus first on type, then ears & fur and lastly color.