Stolen Texas LGDs turn up in Arkansas Rescue

Wisher1000

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
More interesting developments. The above mentioned blog has been edited. Surprise, surprise! The dogs that previously had been said to be coming from Texas, are now shown to have been coming from Tennessee.

Hmmmmmmmm

I wonder if she breathed a little easier after making that "correction." I wonder if she even considered the fact that Cee could have already printed a copy of the original blog entry for the investigator.
Would she have a logical explanation for changing it now that he has BOTH copies?

I get madder and madder.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
isn't that rule #1 in every detective's book -"watch for changes in the story?"

As I recall, she had previously said not only that they were coming from Texas, but that they weren't coming with some other dogs from Texas because the person providing the transportation didn't have room . . . . and now, they just came from Tennessee. Nice try, dearie, but a little too late.:rolleyes:

258 Pots

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
None of my LGD's can be bribed with food and no way could anyone come in or even if they opened a gate no one could get their hands on them.

My friend has a fierce pyr, everytime I'm there I sneak a scratch behind her ears, the other day I led her right out to my car, she was wagging and ready to go, my friend was less amused...

Wisher1000

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi, all! I was admonished for leaving a couple of threads here hanging so I thought I would come back and tie up some loose ends.

My friend Cee, filed a lawsuit in the state where the dogs were found. She had done her homework, had everything documented, and in hand. The judge heard both sides, and decided in favor of the rescue. His comment was that Cee should just be happy that she has her dogs back........ ugh. The rescue continues to operate and the owner continues to refer to Cee as the devil (one of the nicer terms) in her blog. I myself have developed a bad taste in my mouth for rescues and would likely not trust them if I ever decided to look for a dog to adopt.

At least the dogs are happy.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are different chips and scanners, there is no one for all.
Also possible that since they were in a different state and so much time passed, they assumed the owners wouldn't want them any more or drive that far for them. Many people choose not to get them back.

Glad she found them and got them back. Hope they can fit in with her others without fighting.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have never been involved in a rescue. I don't know the ins and outs of taking in dogs to rehome. But would it be standard procedure to just BELIEVE what "owners" claimed was the back story on their dog(s) with no verification or at least an attempt to verify? If not, how about getting a picture and ID on the person that surrenders the dog? I understand that to them "It's all about the dogs" and previous owners are all horrible people, but is there no protocol for AT LEAST checking chips?

I never thought about the chips being removed...I'm sure glad they weren't.

As prevalent as microchips are these days, I would think anyone who regularly works with dogs would be expected to verify ownership when the dog is accepted - especially a rescue. I would also think that shelters, vets, groomers, animal transport people, etc. would routinely scan the animal, document the number, look it up on the computer, and at least keep a record of the registered owner in the dog's file. Dogs DO get given away often, but the owner info should be updated or the new owner should at least be able to provide the previous owner's name and address. One of these dogs had been neutered! I HOPE that was done at a vet's office. Why wasn't the chip read then? If it had been read by anyone in the past eight months, that person would have known that the dog was reported stolen by the real owner.
More interesting developments. The above mentioned blog has been edited. Surprise, surprise! The dogs that previously had been said to be coming from Texas, are now shown to have been coming from Tennessee.

Hmmmmmmmm

I wonder if she breathed a little easier after making that "correction." I wonder if she even considered the fact that Cee could have already printed a copy of the original blog entry for the investigator.
Would she have a logical explanation for changing it now that he has BOTH copies?

I get madder and madder.

Did you take screen shots of the blog ad proof??

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Reading the blog, I got the impression that the rescue owner was a rather batty old gal with a bit of a martyr complex and possible hoarder tendencies, but it might be hard to prove that she was an active and willing participant in the theft of Cee's animals. I imagine part of her defense was that she hears a lot of stories that are bits and pieces that don't altogether add up, but she's in it to help the animals and she figures that they are at a safe place with her and that's what's important, blah, blah, blah. When you look at what she puts into feeding, vet care, etc, you can't really say she is profiting by her activities, so there isn't any obvious criminal motive, and I'm sure the judge took that into account.

I am sorry that Cee's search for justice has miscarried, and that this rescue owner feels vindicated in her (at the very least) slipshod methods, but I'm very glad that Cee and her dogs were reunited and are happy together.

Latest posts