StoneWall Farms **Merida's** kidding thread...TWO DOELINGS!...Pics up!

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is Merida. She's a FF and was bred on the younger side, not by me. She's been losing ligs on and off for about a week now. They haven't come back today FINALLY and she seems to be having contractions. No goo yet though. Might be a long night for me!
She is pretty wild, the only one of my goats to still not be tamed. I'm hoping I don't need to help!

Here she is staring off into space right before a contraction.

7799_merida.jpg

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Quick update.
Twin doelings, they came fast easy. Mama was very confused and it took quite a bit of work to get her to bond and take care of them. However she's come around beautifully and is being a fabulous mother! I took advantage of the situation and loved on her and let her lick me some too. She let me milk her and she has so much milk! Stuck some in the freezer!

One of the baby's isn't doing so well though. No matter what she REFUSES to nurse. I mean refuses. When I point her in that direction she screams and throws herself away from mom. She doesn't want to leave her head area. I got a good amount if colostrum in her by dropper, but she is very small. Much smaller than the other.

I keep thinking that she will get it, but they were born around 10:30 pm and as of 2am still no nursing. I went out at 5 and the same thing. Not sure what to do in this situation. :he

rinksgi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Congrats on your doelings. You may have a bottle baby on your hands.

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
7799_image34.jpeg

Sorry for the multiple posts. My keyboard is misbehaving. I might be falling asleep on it though :hu

So we have one beautiful chocolately colored girl and one beautiful black and white with a splash of chocolate on her back girl!! Hard to see in the pics, but it looks like she has roaning (I'm more familiar with horse terms, sorry!) spots on her back. She's the trouble maker who won't nurse!

Off to take a nap! So glad I got girls! :weee :clap :love

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They are pretty. I had twins like that this year, refused to nurse. They got the hang of it but I fed them a bottle the first day and watched them like a hawk for the next few. They are big, bouncing 3 week olds now.

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the color info!
Both girls are now nursing on their own and boy are they little screamers!

They seem so tiny to me! Like breakable tiny. One weighs 2lbs on the dot, the other 2lbs 2oz.

I can't help but worry, however they're up n down and nursing like crazy. Mom has lots of milk and lifts her leg up to help them out. :love