StoneWall Farms **Shiloh's** kidding thread.. pics added

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My first kidding thread ever! Yay! My first kidding ever, SCARY!!:fl

Shiloh is my 9 month old ND, NOT bred by me! She must've been accidentally exposed to a buck before we bought her :( She's been developing her udder for what feels like forever, probably about 6 weeks now. She doesn't seem too terribly huge, which is a good thing.
As of early this morning she has no ligs left and has been having some clear/orangish discharge. She doesn't seem to be in active labor yet, kind of talkative and clingy, but otherwise happy munching on her hay.

I'm hoping she goes today cause its my birthday! And some cute bouncing kids might take away the sting of adding another year of age!

How long do FF typically wait after losing ligs and having discharge?

:pop
7799_shi3.jpg

7799_shi2.jpg

7799_shi.jpg

Tmaxson

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't know if there is a typical when it comes to labor in goats but with mine last year I checked her the night before ligs were there, checked the next morning around 7am and they were gone (I finally knew what gone was). I checked on her again at 9 am and she seemed to be having some mild contractions, I then checked on her every hour and about 1pm or so I could tell she was having more contractions, she then went to her spot that she had picked out earlier which wasn't very convenient under a platform, laid down and started to push. She only pushed three times and the first baby was out, the second baby was born soon after and I didn't even know it, just happen to look and there he was. She never had a discharge until she was in the pushing phase and it all happened very quickly. So just keep a very close eye on her.

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Happy birthday! You likely have less than 12 hours (not more than 24) to babies so get ready with that camera!

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well that was rough! She had twin bucks, one was still born and about half the size as the other :(
The one that made it is big and blonde :) He was stuck, with only one leg forward. I had to go in and get the other, he popped out just as I found it. He's rambunctious and trying to nurse, although I'm not sure if he's succeeding yet.

Mom has yet to pass afterbirth, so I'm watching her for that....sigh. I guess it could've been worse given moms age and not knowing her history. She seems to be a great mom and is living on him real good :)

Now I need to do some serious de-stressing!

Ill pics ASAP!

My fingers are still numb from the cold, pardon my typos!

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
Congratulations! You did it! Boy, did you get broken in your first time out. Sorry about the first kid. I know you are probably going to replay it over it over, but you did a great job with this tough birth. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy.

StoneWallFarmer

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here is Pete...lil stinker from the get go! I dont have a way to get his weight but compared to Shiloh I feel like he looks huge!
7799_photopete.jpg

7799_photopete2.jpg