Stop being mean!!

Pepperjack'smom

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Why won't one of my goats leave the other one alone. Both are wethers, almost 1 yr old. The one is constantly butting the other one away from food and slamming him around. This needs to stop. How can I help pepper not be bullied?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since they are a herd animal they have a natural way of determining which one will "call the shots"....it is something they have to workout between them....I wouldn't let my wethers take it too far...in my presence, but wasn't gonna stay with them 24/7 either....so, "respect" their decision and they will be fine.....we had the complication of having an aging doe that cycled each month and "heightened" what testosterone each could "muster"......the reason I told ya that, was because ya may have does in the area....whether you have any or not....and the scents on the air can increase the behavior also.....at a yr old they are maturing and establishing their "place" in the herd....you are in the herd, too.....:)

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
One of my wee goaties was a food bully... run everyone off of any food dish. I clipped her to the fence where she could get to feed but couldn't bother anyone else. After the others were done I'd unclip her and there would be peace. She eventually decided being a food bully was not in her best interest.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's not mean.........this, is mean.

falseteth.jpg