Straightening out a trailer?

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would never buy a HF tool for everyday use but their compound miter saw and their roto-hammer drill has served us well. I use the compound saw quite a bit. Most of my tools are Makitas 18v. I love those things and I abuse the heck out of them.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I keep very little (that includes pictures for those hassling me for not posting any) and still believe that I have too much "crap" on hand.

Hmmm, I wonder who he could be talking about! :hide

Too much crap here too. Hasn't been used for years, likely won't ever be used but there are some people in the family that won't get rid of anything. I keep hearing "we don't have enough storage" and I silently say "No, we have WAY TOO MUCH EFFING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!". If anyone ever says "You can't have too much storage space" tell them BULL! It just encourages keeping too much crap that you don't even remember you have.

At least it isn't a hoarding situation.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a lot of tools.......and I collect building supplies......

We were given a FREE 8x12 portable building with a rotten floor. it was even delivered! We paid $40 for gas. We put new treated 2x4's and built 2x6 skids so we could drag it where we wanted it. We got 3/4" plywood screwed down for a solid floor and then abandoned the project for the feed and tack room in the barn. But when we get it done, I am going to organize all my tools. I'll probably realize that I have more space and buy some more. Speaking of Harbor Freight......they have a red roll away tool box for $339 that would go nicely with the one I already have.....and it has lots of drawers too!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm definitely ready for the baby, I was up what seems like every hour last night. Between the effort it takes me to get up to pee and being uncomfortable, I"m beyond ready. They act like a newborn is taxing with getting up all night but I think I'll get a bit more sleep once she's born.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope she comes soon for you! My daughter was 3 1/2 weeks early so I got to skip the truly brutal part of pregnancy. I'm sure next time (if there is one) I'll go late to make up for it lol

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Bay, I have a Stanley rolling toolbox, it's not bad, and for under $100 really not bad. Good for all the sockets and ratchets etc...the only big issue is that if you don't load the bottom down with heavy stuff, it is top heavy and tips over...unfortunately I know this from experience. Mostly, I have shelves for the big stuff, but I love the rolling toolbox for the little things I lose constantly, like sockets.

My kids show up when they feel like it. Nobody has been on time, my 4th was due Feb 20th, she was born March 12th, lol. My OB says I don't get to go past next week though, there's no reason to "prolong the suffering" as he said, they did an ultrasound last week and she's in the upper range of 7 lbs already. I'd rather things decide to happen on their own, inductions are miserable.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a bunch of stuff crammed in a portable 12'x24' building we moved with us. I still have boxes piled in there, can't get to anything, blah, blah, blah..... It will be so exciting to get the tool room, feed and tack rooms set up. I have a counter top with two levels of slots under it for storage and it has a grinder and vise mounted on it....can't get to it, much less actually use it..... I need a bigger tool box....

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, inductions are miserable (both times) and I only had to watch!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a lot of tools.......and I collect building supplies......

We were given a FREE 8x12 portable building with a rotten floor. it was even delivered! We paid $40 for gas. We put new treated 2x4's and built 2x6 skids so we could drag it where we wanted it. We got 3/4" plywood screwed down for a solid floor and then abandoned the project for the feed and tack room in the barn. But when we get it done, I am going to organize all my tools. I'll probably realize that I have more space and buy some more. Speaking of Harbor Freight......they have a red roll away tool box for $339 that would go nicely with the one I already have.....and it has lots of drawers too!
More than likely you will realize you don't have enough storage building. I have a 16'X16' and every wall is covered with shelves, pegboard, toolboxes, or hooks, each filled with tools and I can barely get the front 1/2 of a tractor pulled in there, and generally have to move something out just to do that.
yefr_zps89861863.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts