strange behavior by male goat

Kathy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok, this is really weird and a little embarrassing to post but this goat has been doing this the past couple weeks...

This Lamancha male goat has been "playing" with himself and then he lifts his head and curls his lips back and just stands there. What the heck is this all about? His penis sticks straight out, he crouches and then does whatever and then does the lip thing.

He kinda freaking me out!

Thanks
Kathy

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol: Yep! That buck is peeing on himself & then curling as he enjoys it so much. It's rutting season. This is their foreplay behavior.

Are you loving it yet? :D It'll stop in 2-3 more months. He'll be having pee stained front legs, sometimes scalding from it. Fun, fun.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Kathy, here is the best tip i can give you pertaining to owning and loving your horney, lip curlin, pee spraying darling boy...have LOTS of apple cider vinegar oh hand to get the stank off you when you have to touch him....the lovely stench will attach to your clothes, and hair, skin and tends to remain within your nostrils until you blow your nose and take a shower....wear your work clothes when you have to be in his area, then put them in the wash .... do not go out in public with your work clothes on unless you want people running from you..or weirdos following you home. Congratulations, your little kid is now a buck ! :clapwe have two of them :eek::weee

Kathy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
oh boy, when we got him, we were told he was a wether...meaning fixed. My other males that have been fixed do not do this so does this mean he is not? He is chasing around my females that might already be preggo

Kathy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
He also loves to rub me all the time and my husband too...like take his head and rub our butts and privates...this is really weird and I don't like it so much

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
oh boy, when we got him, we were told he was a wether...meaning fixed. My other males that have been fixed do not do this so does this mean he is not? He is chasing around my females that might already be preggo
Does he have testicles?
If he was done with a band they could have missed one.

He also loves to rub me all the time and my husband too...like take his head and rub our butts and privates...this is really weird and I don't like it so much
This you should not allow, it is not affection but dominance behavior. A sharp No and tap. NEVER let a buck do this. It can get worse and dangerous if not corrected. Do not let him blubber you, paw you, rub on you. Teach him respect.
What breed is this?