Kathy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
6fR%BB9ERp6NtkDnhftAlg.jpg
6fR%BB9ERp6NtkDnhftAlg.jpg

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
He looks like a good boy, is that scurs on his head ? We have a registered buck that was disbudded by a vet..got scurs, i have to work on the one that curls toward his head often as we don't want it growing into his head for sure .

Last edited:

Everett

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
hello (I'm new to this page - bear with me), I have a wether named Troy and he's acting weird. today I was outside with him and my doe and he kept kicking and biting me (which he usually never does - he just was acting weirder than usual). then he kept swinging his head to his "private" area and scratching with his hooves - I've read about "urinary calculi and stones" and that might be it... but he's not showing much signs of "struggle with urinating" or "lost appetite and depressed" but he's peeing still. What do I do????

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
If he's peeing fine he's probably not struggling with UC...if he's doing a lot of scratching and itching have you checked him for lice? They can drive them crazy!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH Everett, from NE TX! So glad you joined us, but sorry you have an issue that brought you here. I hope you'll consider taking a minute to visit the new member's thread and introduce yourself so folks can welcome you properly. https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/new-member-introductions.17/ There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. You'll get to "meet" folks at the same time. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Oh, and we all love pics, so post them anytime you feel the need! Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me :old will never remember from this post & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

melody

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Ok, this is really weird and a little embarrassing to post but this goat has been doing this the past couple weeks...

This Lamancha male goat has been "playing" with himself and then he lifts his head and curls his lips back and just stands there. What the heck is this all about? His penis sticks straight out, he crouches and then does whatever and then does the lip thing.

He kinda freaking me out!

Thanks
Kathy
Hi Kathy.
I know the lip thing is what they do when they are trying to capture a smell they like. When my does is in heat she does it especially after she pees. Could also be a release smile, if you know what I mean.

Latest posts