strange breeding of doe and buck rabbit

countrygirl1178

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am keeping my fingers crossed if i get any pinkies I'll up date i have not learned to palpitate yet but according to the calendar I am expecting pinkies from my Florida white (Audrey) when i tried to checked her she freaked out and after they mated I put her back in and she too growled at the buck and did her best to stay away but at the same time he acted like he wasn't interested in her after she growled at him

countrygirl1178

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks all....sorry it took so long to reply the weather is terrible here so I've been busy with the animals i ended up putting the royal palms in with the chickens and they all get along fine and with the rabbits water freezing it keeps you busy

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I try to watch the buck breed and do his fall-off three times in an hour's period. I then wait 8 hours and rebreed. The first mating can put the doe in heat and be receptive the second time. Leaving the doe in the buck's cage that last half hour can help in fertilization. If taken out too soon, she may urinate away the sperm. She usually won't urinate in the buck's cage. There's no need to put her back in a day later. If you have an empty cage next to the buck or doe, placing the pair next to one another can also make her receptive and send her into heat.

countrygirl1178

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My florida white (Audrey) had 6 babies one didn't survive on monday night so it was a successful breeding but thanks for the advise