Straw Hat Kikos

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Sorry I missed the question.

C1 weaned at 37 pounds. (Sis kid)
C2 weaned at 41 pounds. (Sis kid)
C3 weaned at 37 pounds. (Arianna kid)
C4 weaned at 31 pounds. (Arianna kid) She was born at only 4 pounds though so not bad.

These are all does. They received creep feed from weeks 4 thru 9. They were pulled at 12 weeks. The bucks are about 10 weeks and should wean above 45 pounds.

Today marks one year on BYH

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Straw, I've seen the term before but I don't really understand the "creep feed" concept. Is this pretty much all they can eat? I was talking to my brother this weekend about meat goats and we were talking about boers and I mentioned I would like a/some kikos. He say "what in the h### is a kiko" - well, thanks to you, I filled his ear full :0)

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Well I've been looking for quite a while for a new buck, hoping for a 100% NZ, so I can run two lines as well as have the option to retain does and this way I have another buck to breed them to. I didn't want a buck from lines around here because that just doesn't work out well when everyone has the same lines in the same area. I was thinking I would have to go out of state to get a buck and my ideal places would be in Oklahoma, Missouri, or Mississippi but that's quite a long ways away. After some thinking I decided that I wanted my buck to come from the Twin Oak Farm lines in SC. He has really really good 100% NZ goats and all his goats are HUGE. He has goats that wean 60-90 pounds. That's at 90 days! His goats are top of the line. Well there is this guy just an hour away that has a two and a half year old buck that he got directly from TOF. He doesn't do Kikos in the way I do; he does actually meat goats that go off to slaughter. He uses this buck to cross his Kiko, Spanish, and Boer does. Well he started with five does and this buck and has since grown to 30 goat now and he says that as much as he hates it (and he really does, you can tell) he has to get a new buck so he doesn't inbreed. Well I called him and then went to see the goats yesterday and the buck is a real winner. He all that you look for in Kiko. He's all white, he's well in the 200 maybe more range, he's 2.5 years old and never had a hoof trim, he's been wormed once, he covers all the does, he gets hay in the winter and receives nearly no food (less than a handful), and a really big bonus is he has a great disposition. This huge goat with massive horns lets you walk right up and grab him, pert him, ect. He has never hurt or butted or attempted to hurt anyone. The buck is really awesome. He's AKGA registered and DNA'd.

I'll pick him up in a couple weeks once I have all the animals here shifted around so he can be quarantined. I hope him an Mo don't fight though. I'm sure they will at first to show who the boss is but I think they'll be ok. During rut they will never be together though. ha

3r73ta3Ie5Ea5Ke5sbd6g8d7306dc79e11c96.jpg