Sudden death-Kits 3-4 weeks old separate litters at separate times

Kirsten miller

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I would take a good look at what pellets you are feeding enteroexemia due to ingredients in their feed could be it. Next time u find diarrhea pull their pellets and give a big handful of hay to calm their gut down for a day or so then give it back they don't seem to be agreeing with the food. I'd give mama one more try and if u experience the same result I would move her along

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Might I point out that this is a 4-year-old thread, and the OP hasn't been around for only slightly less time than the thread has existed? While adding thoughts on treatments might be useful from an information standpoint, it's kind of unlikely that we'll get feedback.:idunno

The OP mentioned treating with CORID, though they didn't say "coccidia," that is one of the usual treatments for coccidiosis. That's a reasonable diagnosis, given the age of the kits and the fact that the adult rabbit wasn't having a problem. Diarrhea like this isn't typical with coccidiosis, but it could still have been playing a part.

Last edited:

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
What a terrible thing to have happened. :hugsSo sorry! I never had this problem before when I had rabbits. I think I would take Mama doe to the vet and get her check out before breeding again. Of course I've heard of coccidia but never had it in any of my critters. Mama may have had this and recovered. The survival or the strongest. I've often thought that it best to feed rabbits hay if possible with a little pellets. You need to know that the hay doesn't contain pesticides of course. Also do you have a mineral block for them and lots, and lots of water. Good luck!