Surprise kid!!

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Missy had another kid last night. She gave birth to twins back in March. Didn't realize she had gotten knocked up so quickly after putting her back in the main pen. But, she had an adorable, tiny 2lb 11oz doeling. And she is so cute!! Anyone else had a kid so tiny??
20171014_110616.jpg

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you!! I was shocked to say the least. Pouring my morning coffee, and look up to see a little kid following Missy around the pen. :ep:celebrate

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats! What a cutie!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she is a Nigie that is fine... small for being a single but more than likely mom was pretty depleted.
How did she get rebred 2 months later? Was it from one of her bucklings?

You may need to supplement with selenium /thiamine ... keep an eye on her.
Sure is cute.

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, she's a Nigerian. And well, after her twins were 8 weeks, we separated them until we got the buck sold, but we put her back in the main pen with our buck and other doe. We did the same thing after first freshening with no problems. I guess we'll have to be more careful this next time.

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Supplement my doe or the kid? And thank you!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, she's a Nigerian. And well, after her twins were 8 weeks, we separated them until we got the buck sold, but we put her back in the main pen with our buck and other doe. We did the same thing after first freshening with no problems. I guess we'll have to be more careful this next time.
With Nigerians you really do need to keep bucks and does separate. You do not want a buck breeding your does over and over nor do you want your buck breeding a 9 week old doeling.
Supplement my doe or the kid? And thank you!
You may need to do both, but I was thinking of the kid.

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Congrats! I had two doelings my first year(first ever kidding) that were 1.5 lbs and 1 lb. I actually ended up bottle feeding until 12 weeks. They did awesome.

Latest posts