Sweetened's 2017 Kidding thread

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our kidding season is over until June (Dot).

Daisy delivered a buckling and 2 stillborn doelings. Buckling is doing well after a sketchy few hours.

I am being tested for chlamydia as Ive had a lot of contact with these does and despite washing my hands, i did consume some raw milk and info on that is sketchy (ive had a sore throat for several days as well). If I come up positive, my husband, daughter and every goat here will have to be treated.

Is this something I will have to treat for constantly and every year? Does this make their milk unusable? Morally, can I ever sell kids again or risk j fecting another herd?

We cant quite figure this out, as it was only the painter breedings that were effected. He bred those girls last year and they didnt have these problems (which, if he gave them the clap back then, they should have aborted last kidding). So i dont know if its crappy coincidence or what but... need to get myself tested at minimum.

Pretty heartbroken.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score

Sweetened

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Great document, Southern. Not looking good for me I guess. Gonna have to gut and burn the bedding in the barn and, I guess, treat for several years as my pasture is likely contaminated. Have to find out if the cattle can catch it and if the meat from the goats is viable as I wont be able to ship them or sell them with good conscience.

Heavy decisions to be made, and will have to contact the woman that took Painter if I come up positive. Im sure theres a potential court case in the works if so. She runs high quality show lines and his invested hundreds of thousands into her goats, lines, imports and facilities.