Taking bets here!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

It is a bull, a black one of course! Hubby is thrilled!
She let me go in and check, she's a real good girl! She is a grand daughter of my big Brahma/holstien, I was so glad to be able to take her off of Hubby's cull list!

Now if Sam will take a lesson from her sister/neice, I might get some sleep! (At least until Clancy gets closer!)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
How to make a heifers calve!
1, when you do you your last check for the night, decide she is never ever going to calve and that udder is there just to drive you nuts.
2, if your going to feed early, decide to skip the morning check.

3, MOST IMPORTANT, make sure you have an appointment to go to, so you don't have time to even see what the calf is!

Sam has a RED calf. I think she had it the moment I walked out of the barn last night! It's dry, it has drained 2 quarters and it's running around, bucking and kicking like a little Brahma cross should!
(Hubby ain't gonna like this one at all)

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:bun :weee :clap
:fl I hope it's a heifer for you! DH will just have to live with it. If it's a heifer it's a keeper! ;)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
you sound like us.we never sale any heifer calves.all we sale are bulls.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We do keep our heifer calves. thewife, as you know has limited pasture so she can't. But, why shouldn't she be able to keep a red one if she wants? Her DH can learn to live with it. :)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
right kitty but its going tobe hard for her to slipp a red 1 in on her hubby.sooner or later we are going to get overloaded.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What slipping? The calf is already there. All she has to do is say, that one is staying.